New Year Special - Time Skip Sequel

A/N: There it is, a promised New Year special, I tried a bit different approach to write this, so I hope you'll like it! I used the new announced character Riko as a daughter of Ash and Serena, and created my original character whom I named Jared Hayden, who's a son of May and Drew in this time skip.

Happy New Year, and let's get into it!

Riko's POV

"C'mon! C'mon! We're not going to make it!" I yelled, running inside the airport's main building, trying to see the screen with departures and see from which gate my flight leaves.

"Riko, wait up! The gates are closed already! I don't think they'll let you in... We're not even through the security check!" Jared yelled back.

I knew that... I knew that my gate's closed... But still... I wanted to at least try and get there... After all, I was about to miss my last flight home... for Christmas...

"Damn... Why didn't I get the flight ticket online?!" I stopped running and tried to fix my black hair.

"I think you'll be denied... but I know you hate to give up, so... give it a try, I guess..." My childhood friend said after catching up with me.

I nodded and approached the counter where all the other passengers for my flight to Alola picked up their flight tickets...

I slammed my passport on the counter, still panting from all the running...

I knew it was late... the lady behind the counter had already cleaned her working place and was prepared to leave...

"I'm sorry... do you think I'll make it?" I addressed the lady, who looked at me and then at my passport.

"I'm not sure, miss... Riko Ketchum... Wait! ... KETCHUM?! Are you perhaps related to Ash Ketchum, by any chance?" The lady asked after seeing my name.

Yep, another person who recognizes my name, great... I hate it... I mean... I love my dad and my mom... But having the name Ketchum is hell! I'm bearing tons of expectations and hardships... just because my dad happens to be the World Champion... and don't forget that my mom is the longest reigning Kalos Queen and practically the best performer in the world... ugh... I think she should already let us youngsters to have the title... stubborn mom... "But I got my title while traveling with your dad! It's part of my precious memories! I have to pick a proper candidate first! One that will bring smiles on the faces of all people, and then I'll give her me title." Blah, blah, blah...

I inherited dad's hair color and some pieces of his personality, so you can say that we're similar in a lot of ways... I picked up the rest of my features, such as eye color or overall look, after my mom, and it's almost impossible to not see the similarities with my celebrity parents... and every person I meet is interested in them rather in me...

I'm working hard to step out of their shadow and make the name for my own, but... I just lost in the quarterfinal battle of the Kanto League... And now I'm about to miss a flight home to Alola... for Christmas...

"Uh... I get that question a lot... Yes... I'm his daughter... I'm trying to get home for Christmas... but it seems I've missed the flight..." I answered.

"Sorry... I'll check the status of the flight..." The lady said and gave me back my passport.

I sighed and looked to my left... My childhood friend was there, getting his flight ticket home to Hoenn... Jared Hayden... 3 days older than me... Son of Drew and May Hayden... Our parents are great friends, so we've known each other since the day we were born... He's quite a bit taller than me, has green eyes, his medium short brown hair are tainted with a bit of green... He's also very elegant and gentle... and is, like me, following in the footsteps of his parents...