Chapter 40 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Serena's POV

I felt a tug... then another... then I felt how an extremely cold and rough paws of Ash's Lucario shook with me. I asked Lucario to wake up, so I don't have to set an alarm and wake Ash with it too.

"Morning, Lucario... Thanks for waking me up." I thanked the Aura Pokemon.

"Rrrr..." Lucario shortly responded, nodded, and left.

I got up from the bed and yawned. For a moment I thought I woke Ash up, but he only turned to other side still asleep.

I went to the bathroom to do the morning routine and when I got out, I noticed just how much mess we did.

"Strange... I thought it wasn't that bad..." I thought for myself, picked a piece of paper, wrote a note for Ash, and left it on my pillow.

I then went to the kitchen and made a breakfast and put a blanket on Lucario, who fell asleep in the living room.

Next, I grabbed my suitcase and went to the airport.

"First class to Lumiose City? Please proceed this way, Mrs. Ketchum." Lady behind a counter showed me a way to the gate.

"Huh?! Oh, yeah... thanks." I responded.

"Damn... I'm still far away from being used to people calling me Mrs. Ketchum..." I thought for myself and sighed, as a tint blush appeared on my cheeks.

I boarded the plane and began to feel a bit lonely, so I grabbed one of my Pokeballs and brought out Sylveon.

"Veoooon..." The Fairy type let out a typical cry and snuggled to me as soon as I sat down, wrapping its feelers around me.

When the plane lifted off, Sylveon fell asleep and I was about to do the same, but my thoughts slipped to Ash, which kept me awake for a little longer.

Subconsciously, I put my hand on the place where I used to wear that blue ribbon Ash gave me.

"Why did I stopped wearing it?" I wondered.

For some reason, I stopped wearing it... last time I remember wearing it was... on my wedding dress... that's almost half a year ago.

The ribbon was a symbol that reminded me of Ash everyday he wasn't around, and held all my feelings towards him...

I looked at my wedding ring, which since our wedding substituted the ribbon and symbolized that we've connected our lives as well as our feelings towards each other, but I just haven't grown to that ring as much as to the ribbon, yet.

"Wait...!" I thought when I looked at my backpack.

I searched for a while and smiled when I found what I was looking for.

"Why did I stopped wearing you?" I wondered again as I put on the blue ribbon around my collar.

"Back to the place where you belong..." I smiled and fiddled with it right away.

I chuckled and with my hand on the ribbon and a warmth in my heart, I fell asleep.

Arriving in the hotel, meeting Aria and Palermo, they told me that my visit will actually be longer than planned.

"Five weeks?! Well, when it's required, I can't do anything about it, I guess..." Ash reacted when I told him that I'll be in Kalos longer.

"I know... Thanks for understanding..." I responded and then started a normal conversation.

Next four weeks were hectic, I haven't stopped, didn't get a second to chill out...

PR appearances, meeting sponsors, acting in ads, and then all over again... more PR, meeting other sponsors and an ad for a different company.