Chapter 3 - Petalburg City

Ash's POV

We were in the plane to the Hoenn region. Pikachu was asleep in my lap and the lights in the plane were off. I was listening some music and Goh next to me was looking into his Pokedex with Raboot. After about 20 minutes Raboot fell asleep and I was about to do the same thing when Goh spoke up.

"Are you still up Ash?"

"Yeah, what's wrong mate?" I asked half asleep.

"You're wrong. What was that earlier in front of the lab? Training's lame excuse you know. What were you thinking about?" Goh said with curious in his voice.

I blushed but luckily it was dark so Goh couldn't see it. I then said that it was nothing just something from my past. But Goh was curious even more since I don't speak about my past much.

"Oh c'mon. You know you can talk to me. I won't tell anybody." Goh insisted on me to continue.

I gave up. "Ok then. That something's actually someone." I said to Goh hoping that he will not continue. But I was wrong. I was indeed so wrong. He was even more curious from now on.

"So, tell me something about her." Goh said.

I was maybe too tired to realize it, but I fell right in Goh's trap. I told him almost everything, from my first meeting with Serena in the Summer Camp to the fork in our roads and her travelling to the Hoenn. Only things I didn't tell him were her name, the fact that she kissed me and that she wore my clothes once. Then it clicked in my head.

"Wait! How did you know that I'm thinking about a girl?" I wondered.

"I didn't know it. I guessed it. But it's good to know that you're in love." Goh said in calm tone.

I was trying to deny it but something inside my head was telling me that Goh's right.

"So it is true. You only are confirming it even more with your despaired denying. And the way you described her? Man even I couldn't describe Chloe that lovely how you described that girl of yours." Said Goh triumphantly.

I didn't say a thing after that. I simply lied down in my seat and luckily Goh took my point. It was about 2 AM and we agreed with our Pokemon and said goodnight to each other.

I slept for about an hour and I was woken up by the lights in the plane and the captain telling us that the plane will land in about 20 minutes in the Hoenn region. I was looking from the window while stroking Pikachu for the rest of the flight. Goh was once again studying his Pokedex with Raboot on his shoulder also interested with Pokedex.

We took a train from the airport and we were in Petalburg City with a blink of the eye. We then walked for a while from a train station and finally stood in front of the main door of our temporary home. I gently knocked hoping I don't wake up anybody and in a moment May's mom Caroline appeared as we planned.

"Hi boys. Have you had a good flight?" She greeted us.

"Yes indeed ma'am. I think you already know Ash. So, allow me to introduce myself. My name's Goh Smith. I was born in Galar but raised in Kanto. I'm the second researcher. And this is my partner Raboot." Goh introduced himself with his inherited Galarian charm.

"Hi Goh. I'm Caroline Maple. Nice to meet you." Caroline introduced herself too.

After that she led us to the guest room. It was still 5 AM so we decided to take a nap.

It was about 8 AM when I woke up. I lied on my bed waiting for Goh to wake up so we could go to have a breakfast. Fortunately, Goh woke up in 10 minutes so we could go.