Chapter 20 - Arriving in Kalos

Serena's POV

After spending the rest of the week in Unova exploring the Opelucid City and few other cities nearby, we bid fare well to Cilan and Iris and took a plane with a final destination Lumiose City, the capital city of my home region.

"Ehm, are you all right Sere?" Ash asked me after about hour after the plane took off.

"Sure, I'm all right. Why do you ask?" I asked a bit confused.

Well, actually, I got an idea of what Ash was talking about, but I never thought he would notice. There really was something wrong with me.

"C'mon Serena, I know something's bothering you." Ash said wrapping his hand around my shoulders. "Normally you would be sleeping on me or talking about something, anything, but you're just quietly sitting here with your hands in your lap and looking from the window. You don't want to talk about it if..."

"Well..." I sighed putting my head on his shoulder, cutting right into his sentence. "I'm so nervous Ash."

"Nervous? Nervous about what?" He wondered.

"About everything in Kalos. About performances, about you meeting my mom in person, about people recognizing me on the streets and talking about the article on the internet, and lots and lots of other stuff..." I let out with a big sigh.

"C'mon, I got your back covered. You don't have to be nervous about anything. You're not alone. I'll always be there to help you." Ash said and hugged me tighter. "And for now, try thinking about something positive or something you really like, to ease your mind. For example..." Ash tried to come up with something but I cut him off.

"For example, you..." I said and kissed him.

"Me?" Ash wondered.

"Well, you're both, you're positive and something I really like, so ... perfect example." I said and kissed him once more and I felt his cheeks burning as a reaction to my words.

After a while staring to each other eyes I snuggled to him, putting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you Ash." I whispered and blushed. Well, even after a month of dating my long-time crush, I'm not used to the fact that he loves me back. But I'm not complaining, I'm used to blushing around him, I guess.

"I love you too Sere." He whispered back.

At that time, I was completely relaxed and we both fell asleep.

Few hours after that, we landed in Lumiose City International Airport.

Pikachu jumped on Ash's shoulders, and my shoulders, which are usually occupied by Ash's Riolu, remained empty, because Riolu was still in Pokeball. We got off the plane, Ash slowly went down the stairs and then we went to the airport building.

"It must have been long time away from home for you." Ash pointed on my reactions.

"It surely was. Two years is a long, long time. But we're back in my home region." I said. Then I recognized the place where we're.

"Hey Ash, there's just one more thing." I playfully said with a smile.

"I was waiting when you'll notice." Ash surprised me and hugged me. "But this time, you're not going away from me." He said and overtook me with my idea. In the blink of an eye, my hands went up and around his neck, almost knocking Pikachu out of Ash's shoulder, and we were kissing at the Lumiose City airport again, after two years, but this time, we both knew that we aren't separating like last time.

Bonnie's POV

"Journey's fun, but home is home." I thought and got off my plane which just landed. I immediately spotted the Prism Tower and wanted to be there as fast as I can, so without a hesitation I begun walking towards my home.