Chapter 19 - The Tag Battle

Third person's POV

"The tag battle between the team of gym leader Iris and gym leader Cilan and the team of champion Ash and performer Serena will now begin. Each side will be using two Pokemon at one time. The battle will end when both Pokemon on one side will be unable to battle." Referee went through the rules and all four people on the battlefield nodded.

"Please send out your Pokemon." The referee announced and Cilan reacted first.

"Dear Stunfisk! Come on out!" Cilan yelled and his trusty Trap Pokemon emerged from the Pokeball the Connoisseur threw above himself.

Serena acted next. Ash's Riolu jumped up and was boosted by her hands.

"Let's go Riolu!" She said and spun around one time while Riolu did some front flips in the air and landed on one knee and palm before standing up and taking a battle stance.

"Gabite! Help me out!" Iris yelled and threw the Pokeball revealing the Cave Pokemon.

"I see you have a Gabite." Ash stated and stopped Pikachu from going to the battlefield.

"If it's a Dragon type you want. It's a Dragon type you get!" Ash said getting one of his Pokeballs on the belt and pressing the button on it so the Pokeball got its normal size. "Dragonite! I choose you!" He announced next and after the Dragon Pokemon got from the Pokeball, he did a loop on the air before landing on the battlefield with his typical battle cry.

"All right, it's a battle between the team of Stunfisk and Gabite and the team of Riolu and Dragonite. Battle begins!" The referee said waving his hand to start the battle.

The Alolan Champion reacted first.

"Dragonite! Dragon Dance!" Ash commanded as his Dragon Pokemon raised his attack and speed.

Cilan tried to use a Thunder Shock at Ash's Dragon/Flying type but Dragonite, raising his attack and speed, dodged it.

"Gabite, use Draco Meteor!" Iris told to her Dragon/Ground type.

"Dragonite, dodged it while using Dragon Dance!" Ash said and his pseudo-legendary Dragon prepared to dodge every meteor aiming at him.

"Stunfisk, shock him so he could not dodge." Cilan said and an electric beam engulfed Dragonite.

"Dragonite! You must dodge the Draco Meteor! Hurry!" Ash urged his Pokemon but the Pseudo-legendary was unable to fight the electricity shot by the Trap Pokemon.

Ash couldn't do anything. He was practically only waiting to his Pokemon get hit by super effective move like Draco Meteor.

"Riolu, use Double Team and using Force Palm destroy the meteors falling directly on Dragonite." Serena commanded.

The Emanation Pokemon belonging to her boyfriend obeyed. The still baby Fighting type multiplied himself and with enormous speed destroyed every meteor that was about to hit Dragonite.

Everyone in the gym, including Serena, was left in awe as the meteors destroyed by Riolu burst into million pieces and glittered with red and orange color like a firework before disappearing into thin air.

"That was awesome Serena! Thanks for saving Dragonite." Ash said turning to his right. "Let's win this!" He said next and earned a nod and smile from the honey-blond girl.

With a next command from Ash, a world stopped for a moment from Riolu's point of view. The massive wave of aura was released by his trainer, when he commanded the Dragon Pokemon, which was of course felt only by the Emanation Pokemon... Riolu looked down at his arms as his palms began glowing brightly blue before he was returned to the reality by the girl who he was battling alongside for now.