Chapter 6 The Misaki Stairs

(Time for the next chapter let's get it going!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He stood at the foot of a long winding staircase that lead through shrine gates and large buildings all around him. There were paper lanturns covering the place in an orange red glow of light.

"Y-yami... We aren't in Kamome Academy anymore are we.." Yugi's shock mirrored the spirits as both looked around the hidden area.

"Yugi, I have a bad feeling. We're trapped." Those two words made Yugi's heart stop.
It couldn't have been possible. They were still at school.. weren't they? Yugi walked forward over the bridge and through the shrine gate looking around at the buildings stacked on top of each other.

"How big is this place..?" Yami looking from side to side at the area around them as Yugi climbed a set of stairs just passed the Shrine gate. "M-maybe this is one of those Seven wonders Kou mentioned.. sadly nobody told us what they were about!" Yugi grumbled slightly irritated, mostly out of fear of where they were.

Yami took noticed of racks and racks of these small dolls in kimonos with short black hair with talisman on their faces. "Creepy..." Yugi had an uneasy expression his face paling as he looked wearily. Up a few more stairs, yami gave his Aibou's hand a squeeze trying to comfort the scared high school boy.

Just before they entered another shrine gate A phone started to ring nearby. "A phone..?" Yami spotted an old rotary phone as Yami urged Yugi to come closer pulling him along.

"Y-yami I don't wanna know who could be calling at a time like this.." regardless of his words he picks up the phone with his hand shakily as he puts it to his ear. "K-Konichiwa..." he stuttered slightly. He heard breathing on the phone. "L-let us out of here!" Yugi rushed out as the being on the phone spoke through.

"I am Misaki." It was a feminine voice on the other side of the phone. "I used to be a school teacher and taught students at the top of these stairs, but I was killed and sliced up here. Right where your standing." Yugi paled on the phone. Yami was equally disturbed hearing the woman's words on the phones.

"First I need you to find my right arm, I used this every day to write my name down on the board before class started each day. You have until the sand runs out of the hourglass. Hurry or you'll be late for school." The line went dead. Yugi looked like he was gonna throw up.

Yugi dropped the phone. He looked around. There were chest of drawers everywhere along the path and a giant hourglass in the distance with the sand already pouring beyond that was a locked gate enterance and 2 feet from that was a prayer house where people put candles and incenses for the dead.

"D-does that mean we have to look..?" Yami hummed his agreement as he looked around. Lots of the things here were junk.
Yugi dug around in the mess and ended up finding something he wish he could unsee. It was a right arm... but it was cold and pale and felt like real skin.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" He lands on his ass backing away from the arm. "ITS REAL!!!" Yami even for being dead himself cringed at the sight of the arm. "G-got no choice.. l-let's pick it up." Yami regretfully states as he touches the arm feeling bone chilling coldness from the dismembered body part as Yugi who was completely pale and looked like he would throw up picked up the opposite end of it as the two carried it.

Sadly getting it up the stairs was a pain. "Damnit why is there so many stairs!!" The high school student groans as they get it to the top of the steps but it takes too long as the sand runs out. The two look around suddenly feeling an ominous vibe. They could hear what sounded like children laughing, which already made the stressed out Yugi nervous. "It's time for class.."