O.n.e 🎀

It was now time for avantika to bid goodbye to her mom and dad and to start a new life with nikhil, who was a complete stranger to her. She knew that he was 1 year elder than her and nothing else.

In the hall

Manik held a plate full of rice in front of Avantika from which she kept taking rice in her hands and threw backwards. Radha collected the rice in the drape of her saree. Nikhil was walking with avantika but he didn't look at her.

As they reached to the door, avantika hugged her mother and cried her heart out. Then she hugged her brother,  bhabhi (sister-in-law) and her friends but she didn't hug her father. She touched his feet and sat into the car.

Nikhil closed the car's door for her and sat in the seat near to driver's seat. Avantika was sitting alone in the back seat. Tears were continuously flowing through her eyes. She kept staring out from window thinking about her childhood days, how she played with her brother in garden, how she used to dance with her friends, her school days, her college days, the first day of her job, how his father was proud of her, then her engagement and then how she got married.

It took almost 1 hour to reach her new house. She was really tired and starving. As she was looking outside, slowly her eyes felt heavy and felt asleep.

Nikhil came out of the car and went to open door for avantika. He saw that she was sleeping and her head was rested on the window panel. If he would have opened the door then she could have fell. So, he knocked on the window glass due to which she woke up. He opened the door and she got out of the car. Nikhil gave his hand to avantika but she didn't see it because her concentration was on her heavy lehenga and jewelleries. Nikhil felt that she ignored him so he took his hand back.

Nikhil's mother monisha opened the door and happily welcomed her daughter-in-law. She was really unhappy with what abir did but she didn't want to dishearten avantika more. Monisha always liked her. She had a plate in her hands full of flowers and a diya in centre. She did the arti.

Avantika pushed the bowl full of rice into the house with her right foot and entered inside.

Then she stepped on the plate full of vermilion with water and then walked on a white cloth leaving her foot prints on it. Nikhil was holding her hand throughout this helping her to walk in her heavy attire.

Kinjal took her to Nikhil's room which was now her room too. It was decorated with roses and lilies. There were different photographs hanging on the wall which revealed how much did nikhil love music. There was guitar too. Kinjal soon left the room and avantika sat on left side of bed.

Nikhil entered the room after a while.

"My side of bed", he said.

Avantika stood up and went to the table  in front of dressing while nikhil pulled out his clothes from his wardrobe.

Avantika started taking off her jewelleries starting from her earrings. Nikhil could see clearly that she was finding it difficult so he started taking off the safety pins from her drape.

She got a little nervous and moved back.

"I am not ready for this", she stammered.

"Do you really think that in a situation like this where I had a sudden marriage, I would have any intention like this??", nikhil said removing Avantika's necklace.

She again moved back.

"I am an independent girl, financially and physically able...I can do it by myself", she said.

"I am just.....", nikhil wanted to help but he sighed and went to washroom.

Avantika watched him go and she started finding something comfortable to sleep but her suitcase weren't there.

"Nikhil", she called out.

"Yaa", he shouted from inside the washroom.

"Do you know where are my suitcase and bags??", she asked.

"I think they are downstairs", he answered.

"Ohh can you please bring them up", she requested.

"Just a few minutes before you said you don't need any help", he said bluntly.

"Forget it na!! Please bring them up", she requested again.

"See...I am really tired....do one thing..just take clothes from my wardrobe whichever you find comfortable ", he said but felt really disgusted saying it.

Avantika hesitated a bit but then finally took out tracks from his wardrobe.

Nikhil slept on left side and Avantika's on right having their backs to each other.

_______________________

Next day

Avantika woke up early and quickly got ready. She was wearing an orange saree with her magalsutra and a pinch of vermilion between the partition of her hairs.

She came downstairs and nikhil was already there helping other family members for the pooja which is performed for the happy life of newly wedded couple.

Avantika touched everyone's feet there and sat beside nikhil. The priest started reciting the chants. Everyone sat there with closed eyes and joined hands.

After the pooja was over, avantika went to the kitchen for her first rasoi. Hopefully she knew how to cook but she was nervous if everyone would like it. She was feeling like she was giving a school examination.

She quickly cooked biryani, boondi ka rayata and gajar ka halwa.

Kinjal helped her to serve the food. She sat beside nikhil who wasn't even looking at her. She was looking at nikhil to see whether he liked the food or not.

"Amazing beta", exclaimed sahil.

"Ya it's really delicious", monisha added.

Everyone praised avantika except nikhil who was still quiet.

"Nikhil bhaiya....won't you praise bhabhi??", kinjal asked.

"Yes bhaiya", samar insisted.

"Hmm.....it's good", nikhil said.

It brought a slight smile on Avantika's face.

Monisha and sahil gifted her a necklace set and Sudhanshu and kavya gave her a beautiful gold chain.

After the tiresome day, avantika came back to her room. Nikhil had gone for some urgent work.

She was placing her clothes in Nikhil's wardrobe. Better to say nikhil and Avantika's wardrobe.

Nikhil entered the room but she didn't pay attention to him. He got really angry seeing her placing clothes in his wardrobe. Already he had a bad day in office and now this pissed him off.

"What the hell is this!", he shouted at the top of his voice.

Avantika turned around and saw him there, standing with fury in his eyes.

"I was just placing my clothes"

"This is my wardrobe"

"Are you crazy nikhil?? We both are married"

"So what....this is mine...you find some other place to keep your clothes...don't act like my wife....it's just a business agreement"

"Don't be childish nikhil...we both are married....you can't deny this"

"Okay so you will have to perform all the wifely duties...which includes pleasing your husband".

He started moving towards her and she moved back until her back touched the wall. He put his hands on the wall trapping her in between.

"Don't do this!! I am not ready for this"

"Okay I will not do it...but now you will have to do whatever I say because you are my wife".

Avantika stood there close to the wall and nikhil threw the glass which was kept on the table in anger. He stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut.

Avantika was hurt and she couldn't stop her tears.