N.i.n.e.t.e.e.n

Nikhil and avantika step into the office as it was their first day for this project.

Nikhil seemed very nervous and anxious. Avantika put her hand on his shoulder and he looked at her. She gave him a reassuring smile and a slight nod. He smiled back and entered his cabin.

"All the best", avantika said.

"Thanks. Same to you", he said.

"Good morning sir....good morning mam", rohit greeted.

"Good morning", nikhil and avantika said together

"This way please", rohit said showing the way to the cabins.

Nikhil and avantika went to their respective cabins while rohit went with avantika to help her.

When nikhil sat on his chair, he saw that the files were already kept there.

As he sat on the chair, he started tapping his foot to avoid nervousness.

Avantika was the one who had made those files ready so he was confident that she would have done everything correctly.

He opened the file and saw a small piece of paper. He knew avantika had kept it there.

Don't worry. Everything will go great.

Take a deep breath and.....

Smile.....😊

It instantly brought a smile to his face.

"What do I do with this girl!!! She knows how to make me feel better. She is just  amazing", he murmured to himself.

Nikhil took a deep breath and started the work with a smile.

________

Rohit and avantika were working together in the conference room.

"Come on rohit. Be quick. We have to present the designs tomorrow", avantika said.

"Yeah I know but before that i have to do shivam's files", he told.

"Oh God!! This shivam is good for nothing", avantika muttered.

"I don't understand why this shivam has asked me to do his work??", rohit spat out.

"He might be lazy", avantika sniggered.

"Maybe. He is so weird. You know when I entered his cabin, he quickly closed his laptop as if he was doing some illegal work", rohit uttered.

This seemed to be fishy. Avantika found it problematic. In 2011, when this project was going on shivam's father was one of the members and that project went to vain. Again when this project has started, shivam is a member. On the first meeting itself, avantika felt that shivam was not a good person. Whatever rohit told her, her intuition about shivam got more strong.

"Is he in his cabin??", avantika asked.

"Nah. He said he has some work in the site area so he is going there. I can never understand this man", rohit told.

"You wait here. I will be back in a while", she said and quickly got up.

"Where are you going??", rohit asked holding her wrist.

"Some important work. I will come in a minute", she said and ran out of the room.

"I know it's not good to go through any person's personal things but god this is important for our company. I am sorry but I have to do this", avantika thought to herself.

She got into shivam's cabin.

No one was there but shivam has taken his laptop with him.

"Shit!! I came here for his laptop and he took it with him", avantika said hitting her hand on the table.

She moved her eyes from one corner to other but got nothing. She lost hope of getting any proof against shivam but suddenly something caught her eye.

She saw a paper folded and thrown into dustbin. She picked it up.

Her eyes widened with shock when she saw the paper.

They were the details of the financers and that paper was in Avantika's file. These details were to be presented in the meeting that was going to be held the next day. Those details were kept safely in Avantika's file. Then how did it go there?? This made it clear that shivam is not a good person and he is worthy of Nikhil's trust.

"I knew it. He is betraying us. I have to tell nikhil about this but not now because I don't have enough proofs against him. I have to do something", avantika murmured under her breath.

She started looking for more proofs and started scanning shivam's files. But she got nothing from them.

Then her eyes fell upon a file that was kept aside near the window.

She turned around and opened the file.

"Avantika, what are you doing here".

It was shivam's voice. Avantika froze in her place. She quickly closed the file and hid the paper in her pocket of jeans.

She slowly turned around and saw shivam and nikhil were standing at the door.

"Oh God! Nikhil!! Now one can save me from his rage", avantika thought.

"What are you doing here??", nikhil roared. He seemed to be very angry.

"Nikhil...I came to take the designs for tomorrow's meeting", she lied.

"But is this the way to enter in other's cabin without taking their permission", nikhil scolded her.

"I am sorry for that but it was important otherwise.....", avantika tried to speak but shivam cut her statement.

"Bhabhi, I have already given the designs to rohit. You can take them from him", shivam told.

Avantika just nodded her head.

"I am sorry shivam", nikhil said.

"It's Okay bro. I didn't mind", shivam told.

Nikhil passed a glare to avantika and went out. Avantika also followed him.

"Nikhil...listen....listen na", avantika said trying to stop him.

"If you want to say sorry then please go. I don't want to talk to you. You really disappoints me", he said and moved in his cabin, slamming the door shut.

_________

While nikhil was driving the car back to their hotel, he was completely ignoring avantika.

"Nikhil...sorry na", she requested again.

He didn't pay attention to her.

When they reached the hotel, avantika hugged him from behind, continuously chanting sorry.

"I am sorry nikhil. Please spit out your anger", she requested, hugging him.

Nikhil freed himself and sat on the couch. He started taking off his shoes. Avantika sat beside him.

"Please nikhil. I am sorry. I wouldn't have gone inside his cabin, if it wasn't important. You know me. I just went there because it was important", she tried to make him understand .

Nikhil still kept quiet.

"I am sorry", avantika said holding her ears.

Nikhil actioned with his hands to her to put her hands down. 

"I will forgive you only when you will make a cold coffee for me", he joked.

Avantika's face lit up and she nodded in a yes. She quickly got up and went to prepare cold coffee for him.

"Oh God!! I love her so much that I can't remain angry with her for much long. I want to confess it but I don't know how. Please help me God", nikhil thought to himself.