T.h.r.e.e

Nikhil's POV

*sighs* Why these girls take so much time to get ready?? All have gone. Even siya bhabhi got ready soon and they have also gone. Just me and this girl are here.

"Avantika...please hurry up!! All have gone.... the venue is almost 20 minutes away and do you want us to reach there when the party is over??".

"Coming....", she yelled

I looked towards my watch and we were very late. I decided to knock on the door now but before that she came out.

I think she was looking really great that's why for a moment, I was also lost in her. She was wearing a pink bias cut gown paired up with white earrings which were complimenting her look. Her hairs were swept open. I stood there adoring her.

I came out of her when she snapped her fingers in front of her.

"Let's go", she said.

I just nodded and then we went to our car. I opened the door for her and then went to the other side of car.

We reached the venue after 20 to 25 minutes.

Before getting down from the car, I whispered in her ears, "I know that we don't have any understanding between us but please act like we are happy with each other. Okay??".

"Yeah", she agreed.

We got down from the car and walked inside, holding hands. Yeah we have to fake it for the so called 'REPUTATION'.

My dad saw us come and he announced on the mike, "Here comes my younger son Nikhil and his gorgeous wife avantika who is the daughter of Mr.Mohan Sharma".

Avantika's mom and dad came to meet us. We touched their feet and they blessed us. Mohan uncle...sorry....dad, he wanted to hug avantika but she quickly turned away and hugged maa.

"Maa, I am so happy that you came. I really miss you so much", she said.

"I also miss you very much beta. So, how is everything?? Are you both happy??", maa asked.

I and avantika shared glances and maa clearly understood our answer.

"I know it's tough but you both have to adjust", she said.

I always feel uncomfortable when there is a conversation about my married life and I guess avantika understood this and she changed the topic.

"Maa, where are bhaiya and bhabhi?? They didn't come", avantika asked.

"Actually nandani's father....he was ill so manik and nandani have gone to see him", maa told.

And then this mother- daughter duo went on talking and talking so, I asked them to excused myself and I went to my friends.

I was enjoying with my friends. After really so long, I got time to be free otherwise I have act like a good husband of my wife. I saw siya bhabhi and abir bhaiya dancing together. They both look so good together. I am happy for them.

"Bhabhi is really beautiful. I must say", jai said.

"Yeah, she is", aditi agreed.

I just nodded my head. I agree that she is a very good girl but she is not my type.

"And when are you both getting married??", I asked

Aditi just blushed on this and jai told he wants to give some time to career. I wish I could also get some time but I got married too soon.

"And now our newly wedded couple Nikhil and Avantika will show us a dance", my beloved father announced.

I stared at my father and I was so shocked. I was trying to give him a sign that I don't want to dance but it was too late. He already brought avantika on stage and I had to join.

My friends were cheering for us. My family members seemed to be so happy.

I sighed.

I put my hand on her waist, pulling her closer and she put her hand on my shoulder.

And the song played!!!

Tu nazm nazm sa mere...
Hothon pe theher jaa.....
Mai khwab khwab sa teri....
Aankhon mein jagu re....
Tu ishq ishq sa mere....
Rooh mein aake bas jaa....
Jis ore teri shehnai.....
Uss ore mai bhagu re.....

We slowly moved our bodies on the slow music. We were looking here and there instead of looking at each other.

"Aree baba look into each other's eyes", abir bhaiya shouted from the crowd.

I smiled at him and then looked into Avantika's eyes. This was the first time that we shared an eye contact.

I twirled her around and then turned her back towards me. We swayed our bodies on the music.

As the music was over, we stopped and everyone clapped for us. We slightly bowed thanking them.

I held her hand and we came down the stage.

"You both danced very well", my mother said cupping my cheeks.

"I didn't know avi...you also dance really well", she pulled Avantika's cheeks.

"Thank you mummy", avantika said.

My mother then went from there and I had to be there with avantika because she didn't know anyone else there.

Then something unexpected happened......

Some media reporters came to us.

"Mr. and Mrs. Malik Congratulations", one of them said.

We both thanked them and they started showering their questions on us.

"Mrs. Malik we want to ask that what happened that you had to marry nikhil malik instead of abir".

"Did you and nikhil had an affair??".

"Did you cheated on Mr. Abir??".

Avantika's mouth just gasped open and her eyes were moist.

"Mr. Nikhil Malik, did you do this just to become the executive head of the merger company of Avantika's father??"

"Mr. Nikhil did you want to have the post which was of your elder brother??".

I was really pissed off now and I bursted out of anger, "What rubbish!! You don't have any right to question our personal lives. It's personal and if someone will trouble my wife, I am gonna take legal action against them".

Avantika looked at me being confused. I held her wrist and dragged her to the car, saving her from the crowd. I didn't even think of informing anyone and I didn't even bother to call the driver. I myself drove the car and we came back.