19

TWO YEARS AGO.

Jeongin was strolling around the park at night to release the painful stress that was chasing him this whole school days. The expectations of being the best out of the best was growing as a burden to the boy.

It's not easy to score straight As with a messed up mental health and inactive exercise. He was always trapped on his study desk, studying all the time, forcing himself to take in as much knowledge as he could to have the proud smiles of his parents shown to him.

Without breaks, he was slowly destroying himself as well as his happiness.

Jeongin only focused on making the people around him happy, especially his parents but who would do the same to him? Why is he so scared of people being disappointed in him?

The boy probably don't want anyone to leave him behind in the dark. He doesn't like to be alone. In fact, he hates it.

The society has gotten too dangerous, too tough for a weak hearted boy like him, who only want nothing but the best for the others.

Even the weather hate on him as the quiet night started to be filled with raindrops and soon, the boy is wet all over his body as he doesn't have an umbrella with him. He didn't even know that it was going to rain.

The boy couldn't spot any shelter for him to rest under from the heavy rain. His eyes were covered with his wet bangs that has been stuck on his forehead. The sound of his footsteps splashing in the puddle echoes in his ears.

The park unfortunately further from his dorm so it will take a while to go back.

But when another pair of footsteps could be heard and as the rain suddenly stopped, Jeongin slowed down to take a breath as he ran to get to his dorm.

"Boy, it's clearly was going to rain, why didn't you bring an umbrella?"

The 15 year old boy turned to his side, shocked to see another person holding up an umbrella for the both of them. The other was shorter than him so Jeongin couldn't really tell if he's younger nor older.

He whispered a thank you to the other and they both proceed to walk their way, heading to the same direction for some reason, while listening to the heavy rain drops on their umbrella.

Feeling a bit uncomfortable, Jeongin ask the other, "Where are you heading..?"

The shorter guy saw that the boy doesn't trust him so he smiled reassuringly, "I'm a student around here so I live at the dorm, do you know Joseon High School?? It's kinda an overuse name but meh", he shrugged.

When the boy heard this, oh boy, he was beyond happy to find someone from his school. "I'm a student there too!"

"Well, nice to meet you kid, I'm Han Jisung, 16"

"Yang Jeongin, 15"

So the shorter is indeed older than him. "What are you doing out late at night anyway? You shouldn't walk around this area too much, it's dangerous..", this Jisung guy said but Jeongin somehow find it funny. It was as if the other isn't out late at night too.

He knew that the younger was ridiculing him in his head so he pushed the boy away jokingly, "I know how to protect myself", he snickered.

"How? You don't look so.. Promising..?"

The younger paused mid sentence, trying to find the right word to describe the older boy. The older is shorter and slimmer than him too making him look weaker and more fragile.

"Yah, I may not look like it, but I will some day!"

The two laughed it off and instantly hit it off, blooming a new, beautiful friendship for the years ahead. Jeongin admired the free spirit personality of the older. Jisung is very friendly and clingy yet he knows where his limit is, not wanting to make the younger boy uncomfortable.