Chapter 21: Secrets

A/N: Hello everyone I am sorry I have had writers block for a long while. I have finally taken the time to finish another chapter of this story. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long. I had a lot happen since the last time I posted too so that also was something that kept me from writing. But now I am back so let us get on with the story.

You waited and waited what seemed like forever and the clock ticking made it seem like more than that. You try to put into words in your head of how you want it to sound. 'Why did I let him know about it. I have to tell him now.' You thought as you rubbed your hands against your face. 'I hope he takes it alright. Murr is his good friend and I only want Joe. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to either of them.' You sighed with your eyes closed hands over your mouth and a muffled "Joey..." you happened to say.

"Yes (Y/N)." Joe said coming in the room.

You jumped at that with hand over your chest. You didn't even realized he had come in and pulled up a seat.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I just thought you said my name." Joe said sitting down.

"Yeah, Joey. I just didn't hear you come in." You said.

"What's up? What did you want to talk to me about? Is it serious?" Joe asked.

"Depending on how you look at it. I don't want you to freak out once you hear it."

Joe was getting suspicious now. He leaned back in his chair waiting to hear what I had to say.

You take a sigh. "It's about Murr. To me he is just a friend but to him I am something a little more and he has a crush on me."

Joe didn't worry about it. "I thought it was something serious. After what happened with you and Q I thought it was something way worse." Joe laughed sarcastically. "You didn't kiss him did ya?"

You shook your head. "No of course not. Like I said to me he is just a friend nothing more nothing less. Just like he is your friend. He didn't want me to let you know about it so act like this conversation never happened." You pleaded.

Joe thought this over for a good minute. Murr was one of his best friends and he has already had a friend try taking his girl from him in a drunken stupor after he lost his fiancé. Q to Joe was nothing like Murr. Murr was constantly the overall nice guy that has been the butt of a lot of jokes throughout his friends. But since she has seen Kat try in her advances on himself, she probably figured to clear the air with no secrets between the both of them.

"Alright, I won't let him know that you told me about his little crush on you. But I will be watching Murr when he is around you. I don't want him to think it would be alright to try and steal you away from me." Joe finally said.

"Believe me Joey, I only love you. You have been with me since we went to kindergarten together. You really don't have to worry about Murr he will only stay a friend to me." You answered and gave him a kiss.

"(Y/n) you mean the world to me. I love you. I cannot think of any other place to be than right here with you." Joe said with the both of you touching foreheads leaning in for a kiss. Only for him to get hugged from the back by Kat.

"Heya, Joey! I hope you are having fun here with your friend here." Kat put a lot of emphasis in the word friend. While shooting Y/n a dirty look. Joe didn't see it though.

"Yes Kat, we were just doing something until you interrupted us." Joe rolled his eyes and broke out of the hug. "There is also something called "personal boundaries" that you need to take lessons from." Joe retorted.

"Besides isn't what you are doing to MY boyfriend on the job harassment." You snapped back at Kat giving her a look now. You pulled Joe behind you. "Joe is my boyfriend. So what do you think you are playing with him like this and in front of his girlfriend no less."

"I just thought that Joe here would have better taste in a girlfriend than you. He does work here after all... with me." She then winked at Joe.

"I am sorry but I am afraid that Joe has a lot more integrity and heart in choosing a girlfriend for himself, so you can just take a walk honey." You told her and Kat's mouth went agape from that sass. Kat then just huffed on out the door.

Joe couldn't believe what you had just done for him. Normally if it was him that said that he would have most likely gotten fired for telling off the bosses daughter. You really just saved him the trouble of telling her to back off. He felt like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders, he could kiss you right now. Joe then spun you around and kissed you passionately on the lips. He also lifted you off your feet and slowly brought you back down breaking the kiss.

"(Y/n), that was unbelievable what you told her. I am glad you told her off. But I am just afraid of what she might tell her dad about all of this. I am glad to have her off my back. Literally my back." Joe joked.

"I meant every word Joey." You smiled and kissed him again.