Chapter 10: A Phone Call and a Movie

As a couple of months went on and you got a familiar feel for the city again. You tend to have wondered what Joe's other two friends were like. Joe had let you know about them in the letters he sent. Though they were spread out Murr had known about Sal since he had bumped into him one day when he was out looking for work. Sal though did tell Murr that he did know what Q had been up to since they last saw him and let Sal know to pass his number along to him if he ever saw him.

One day you just happened to be home watching some tv while waiting for Joe to get off work and Murr was off doing Murr things. You were flipping back and forth through two different movies when the phone rang. Thinking it was either Joe or Murr you answered the phone. "Hello." You said.

"Oh, I am sorry I must have got the wrong number. I guess my friend Sal gave me the wrong number." A man on phone said though embarrassed.

"Well who did you want to talk to? Maybe it isn't the wrong number."

"Well this wouldn't happen to be the number for a guy named Joe Gatto is it?" the man asked.

"Well yeah, Joe and Murr aren't here right now Joe's working right now did you want him to get this phone number or address from you. Oh by the way who is this?"

"I was going to ask you that same question."

"Oh I'm Joe's girlfriend, (y/n)."

"Oh I didn't know Joe had a girlfriend. Well I'm Brian Quinn, though most people call me Q."

"So you are one of Joe's high school friends?"

"Yup, one of my other friends I bumped into today Sal gave me this phone number and said to try giving Joe a call."

"Well alright, but sorry Joe is at work. You can always try calling back later on. He gets off at 6 today, and Murr went off at about noon, I guess for a walk. Well I could let him know you called, or did you need me to give him a message."

"Just let the two know that I called. I am pretty sure all they need is this number."

"Well I wouldn't mind meeting the other half of you guys, you and Sal both. From what Joe's told me about you guys all of you seem great."

"Yeah, we were pretty much a thing back then when we were together. I wouldn't mind seeing all of us get together again and just reminisce about the past. My fiancé wouldn't mind meeting all the guys either."

"Congrats on being engaged... and don't worry I will let Joe know you called."

"Thanks for the congrats. I guess I ought to go back to work. Ok nice talking to you."

"Ok. I will let both Joe and Murr know you called. Ok, bye."

"Thanks bye." Q ended then a tone came up.

You hung up the phone, 'Wow that was completely unexpected. I guess he must be doing pretty well, seems happy, engaged, and I wouldn't mind meeting both him and Sal. Guess I will just have to wait until one of them gets home.'
You thought going back to the couch to watch a movie.

Later when Joe got home...

"Joe's home." You opened the front door to him. "Hey hon, how was work?" You kissed him as he came inside.

"Well babe, it wasn't all that bad problem wise but time wise it felt like it was going to go on forever." Joe got to the point of his day.

"Well, I am glad you are home now, though Murr took off about noon and he hasn't shown up here yet. Though I'm sure that he will be alright." You said out loud.

"Murr will be alright he probably went to look for a job again." Joe assures you.

"Yeah, and uh I got a phone call from one of your high school buddies." You said wrapping your arms around Joe's neck.