Chapter 8: Back to New York

"I- well he is just a friend, and I love you Robert."

"That guy you seemed to know earlier told me all about your ex and him following you around wherever you went like a puppy. Tell me, do you still care for him?" Robert said slowly walking towards you nothing but anger in his eyes.

"Well, I-" you managed to let out completely terrified.

"Do you!" He yelled out, pushing you against the wall of the dorm, his powerful hands digging into your shoulders.

"Please Robert, your hurting me." You let out with tears streaming down your face. "Joe is just a friend he is on the other side of the country. I guess I do still feel something for him but I-" the pain of a lightning fast palm against your left cheek was what finished your sentence as you fell halfway along the wall his arms still holding your shoulders.

"Now answer me this, do you still love this Joe guy?"

"Look I don't know what that jerk had told you about my life in New York but all of that doesn't matter now I am here with you aren't I!?"

You yelled out trying to avoid the subject. "I never would trust that guy in a million years."

"Still you haven't answered my question!? Do you still love him or not?" Robert repeated again his patience thinning.

The left side of your face tingled and hurt. You couldn't really think your mind spinning in circles. "Well I do love him but only as a friend, and yeah he was my boyfriend in New York but he is on the other side of the country, now I honestly think he still loves me more than you do!"

"What did you say?"

"I said Joe still loves me, otherwise he would have forgotten about me a long time ago. Also he would never put any harm to me. Unlike you, Robert. He was bullied by that guy we ran into today. He made my school life a living nightmare, though still Joe remained at my side. We pretty much broke up because of the distance between us, it was horrible way to end a relationship. During my first day in high school I met you, but since we have known each other I have been writing back and forth to him. He is still my friend after all. All of this is all true." You let it all out to him.

His grip on you lessened, in Robert's rage he had struck you, his jealousy seen in the tingle of his palm. "I'm- sorry, (y/n), that I hit you, i got out of line with all this. I feel just terrible. Will you please forgive me?" Robert pleaded.

"So this is the real way you are, the jealous boyfriend. Taking actions then ask questions later. I am sorry but I can't forgive you for this, and on a personal note... That hurt! I really didn't expect you to hit me, and it seems to me that jerk had got to you already. All he ever cares about is starting up drama. I wish I never met him, and he has never said my actual name at all. I would rather be with someone who would trust me, and wouldn't hit me just like you just did. Let me go, I am leaving, I don't need Billy happening here too." You said trying to get free, you finally became unattached to the wall and Robert starts pleading and begging.

"Baby, please don't leave! I am sorry for what happened. It's just I couldn't believe that you never really said anything about your past. Then here in lies a stranger that lets me know all about it. Then I find you talking to your ex on the phone. I am sorry my temper got the best of me. Please don't leave." Robert begged as you walked away from him, not even looking back to him and said.

"I am sorry but I cannot forgive you, I can't continue being with someone who doesn't fully trust me. In my personal opinion you really aren't a man if you strike a woman. I am sorry, but I am breaking up with you. My parents had left me a ticket to move back to New York in case I ever wanted to go back so that is what I am going to do. I am sorry for you, Robert that you cannot change what happened here my mind is made up. I am going to be transferred to a college in New York, sorry this didn't work for you. Now, leave."