Chapter 14: Q

A/N: Another short chapter... I thought about making this chapter a lot longer. I figure the next chapter will be longer though a lot tougher for me to write. So until then I am sorry that this chapter is so boring but I had to leave you guys with this.

You woke up the next morning next to Joe. You just watched him as he snores away most likely with you in his dreams. You kissed his cheek and he stopped with the snoring and started to stir.

"I thought you would never stop snoring." You said smiling.

"I love you too, (Y/n). Joe said. I guess we ought to get up.

"Ok!" You sprung up and off the bed.

"Whoa, what was that?!"

"What?"

"I was just surprised at how much energy you have this morning."

"I just feel great, after all we did last night." You said stretching away.

Joe sat on the side of the bed. He had a college class to head on over to today. Though he was glad he wasn't working today. A class to him is nothing compared to working half a day.

"Well I have just one class today but no work. I still got to get dressed though." Joe got himself off the bed and walked sleepily to the bathroom.

"Well I guess it is better than work at least." You said to yourself. "Hey Joey, what are we going to do today once you get your class done?" You asked.

You heard the toilet flush and the sink turn on. "I guess I can meet you at my favorite donut shop here and introduce you to a couple of people I know there. I tend to head there most of the time for some donuts and some conversation." Joe said.

"Ok, I am up for anything today as long as it's with you."

"Yeah me too." Joe said coming out of the bathroom and giving you a kiss. "Well it's the only donut place around here. How about some coffee? I got to get my clothes."

"Alright. Once you come out of the shower breakfast will be on table."

Once Joe quickly got out he ate and had the coffee. Soon he was ready to leave. He gave you a kiss for breakfast and another one goodbye. "I'm off babe, I will meet you at the donut shop at 2. I have been always so busy at work I want us to have an actual date already."

You smiled at the thought of it all. 'He has got some more friends he wants me to know. This man and his donuts. Well I got a date later, finally.'

It was 12 now and you were getting dressed. Though it wasn't really going to be a typical date. You still wanted to look your best for Joe. 'He wouldn't want me to change anything I should just be my natural beautiful self.' You thought in front of the mirror. 'I am just gonna wing it.' You grabbed your keys to the apartment and headed on out with a bye to Murr chilling on the couch.

As you left the apartment to meet Joe at a bakery he liked heading to when he had time to get some donuts and pastries. You had showed up there too early and sat down at one of the tables there. You sat waiting about 5 minutes then you got up and headed to the counter.

"Hello sweetheart, what can I do for you?" One of the employees asked. "Umm, I just wondered, would you know a Joe that's a regular customer here maybe even a friend. Loves donuts. Big blue eyes, and has spiky hair." You asked shyly looking at the guys name tag, it read Danny.

"Yeah I know him. He tends to come in here almost everyday." Danny answered.

"Well I am supposed to meet him here but I wound up coming too early, would you give him a message when you see him come in." You asked.

"Sure sweetheart. What is it?"

"Well, just let him know that I am taking a walk around the block. That is if he comes and I am not back yet."

"Ok, sweetheart, I will let him know." He replied.

"Thank you so much." And with that you walked on outside.

'Wow, Joe's been going on and on about her, as long as I have known him. I don't blame him one bit, she is beautiful.' Danny thought then right back to work.

You walked and looked on the pavement of the sidewalk thinking to yourself. At one point you had found and picked up a dollar by one of the alleyways.

As you were walking you saw a man stumbling by an alleyway. As you got closer you realized it was Q, and he looked pretty smashed. You figured he was a friend of yours and Joe's you could help him out.

"Q, what's wrong why are you walking out here you could get arrested." You put his arm around your neck and helped him into an alleyway. You got him to about halfway through it all and let Q go. He stood upright against the wall and just sank down to the dirty alley floor.

"I need to feel loved." Q slurred out and he put his head to his knees. "Mallory she called it all off. She was seeing a policeman behind my back... I love her and she just left me out to dry."

"Oh, geez. I'm sorry Q. Sal had let us all know about it all." You were shocked that she would cheat on Q, and you felt awful for him.

"She told me about it a couple of days ago. It was hard for me to believe being engaged to her and all. I guess I am not meant to have some happiness in my life." Q said as his glassy eyes started watering.

Meanwhile in front of the bakery...

After heading on home to get near and tidy after work Joe did take some time to get a nice bouquet of roses for a date on out. Joe entered the bakery and was about to sit down when one of the workers called on out.

"Oh, hey Joe, um the young lady said she was going to take a walk down the block and back." Danny said.

"Ok, thanks for letting me know, Danny." Then Joe headed out the door. As Joe walked along the sidewalk he thought that this date was going to be perfect.

Back in the alleyway...

"Q, here." You said lending a hand. "Come on get up, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself your a great guy. You shouldn't let her ruin your life."

Q just looked up at you glassy eyes and your hand to help him up. "Hey, your really pretty." Q said as he took your hand.

"Yeah, well you know." You said straining to get Q up. He staggered trying to stand and the momentum from it all landed your back against the wall. Q's hands on the alley wall both of which were on the sides of your head. Q then looked down at you yet all you smelled was alcohol coming from him.

"I feel like I know you from somewhere." Q said slurred out.

"Well yeah, I'm-" you started to say wanting to get hell out of situation. Looking for a way out.

"I just want to thank you for helping me out here." Q said leaning in for a kiss.

'Oh f*ck!' You screamed in your head.