Chapter 2: The 1st day of school

As a month passes you and Joe had become good friends. Watching Sesame Street at each other's houses, to watching cartoons, to having just plain old fun outside on a nice summer day. Both your parents had become friends and always chit chatted outside while watching their two kids play.

Not long after you two first meet you had your birthday in the middle of July. Joe had been invited to your birthday party. He had given you a cute blueberry muffin that his mom had helped him make from scratch with all the love he had for you. You had thanked him with a hug and a "I love it! Thank you Joey!" To say Joe was taken by surprise was an understatement his face flushed red and he kept his head facing the floor. "H-Happy Birthday (y/n)," was all Joe had managed to say.

Days passed and soon it was the end of August. That means the start of school. Kindergarten a time to meet some new friends and to learn. Joe was always ahead of things even though he wasn't eager to share your friendship with anybody else. Joe had gotten nervous again thinking ahead every time. Joe had a problem with it so he went to his parents for some advice.

"Mommy, daddy, what do I do at kindergarten. What if no one likes me there, and," Joe's face turned red "I don't feel like sharing (y/n) with anybody there. She is my friend. I don't want anything to happen to her there either."

"Well honey always remember that she will be with you even if it is not in school she will always be here when you guys are not in school. Plus don't try keep her from making friends it's kindergarten, kids kinda need to make friends there." Joe's mom explained.

"Yeah Joey, there is no need to get jealous, if she makes some friends. She will always want to be your friend." Joe's dad said.

"I am not jealous," Joe muttered to himself.

After hugs and kisses for starting school and a picture.Joe walked outside for the school bus.

"Have a good first day, Joey!" His parents called out.

'I hope I do too.' Joe thought. "Bye mommy, bye daddy!" Joe stood and waited on the sidewalk. About a minute later or so, (y/n) skipped outside ready for kindergarten skipping to Joe and waving at him. Joe waved nervously back at her.

"Hey Joey, are you ready to make some friends at kindergarten?" she asked stopping right next to him.

"Yeah," Joe said with long sigh.

"What's up with you today, Joey? You should feel excited today, our first day at school." (Y/n) said arching an eyebrow.

"Nothing, I just hope that-" Joe sighed again, eyes downcast.

"Yeah?" (y/n) asked. Looking at Joe with a worried look on her face.

"I just- I don't want anything to change between us today, like if today were to turn out horribly for either of us would we still be friends." Joe said looking at the top of his Cookie Monster lunchbox.

"Joey, look at me, (y/n) ordered. Joe looks into your eyes. "I am sure nothing today will keep me from being friends with you. You are my best friend. I doubt anything will change that." You say as you cup his face. "Now silly, quit thinking things like that. Nothing's going to happen. Ok," you assure Joe. You let your hand run down his face. With a assuring smile on your face. Joe nods, as the bus can be seen down the street.

'I just- I love you (y/n). I wouldn't want anything or anyone to take you away from me.' Joe thought watching the bus come toward them.

The bus finally came and stopped in front of the two of you, the doors swung open.

"Ladies first," Joey said. Hoping nobody would try making goo-goo eyes at her. She steps up into the bus and heads to a seat by herself. Joe eyeballed everyone on the bus already and sat beside her blocking her in the seat.