Chapter 17: Doubts

A/N: Sorry all for such a late update I was filled with stress and a loss has happened in my family my mom recently past away. When I looked at when I posted my last update... I was torn from adding to this story or adding another and calling this one completed. I still need to try harder with it all. Anyways... Enjoy.

After your night together alone with Joe, you woken up to him shifting in the bedsheets. You wanted to get some more sleep in but yet you felt you should wake on up. Joe had his eyes already wide awake and was just watching you argue with your thoughts on what you should do. Joe lightly chuckled and put his hand under his head. You finally opened your eyes and found him watching you. "You make a decision yet (y/n)?"

You put your head underneath your pillow as you turned over in bed really not wanting to wake up fully. "I don't wanna wake up yet. I'm still tired." You said muffled to the bedsheets.

'Well I guess I'll get up this time and make us something to eat." Joe said kissing your pillow that was over the back of your head and headed on out the bedroom.

As Joe left the room you turned over and put your head on your pillow, and mindlessly grabbed and cuddled Joey Bear. After a few minutes you heard the stove turn on, and the noise of Joe making breakfast. "Mmm." You satisfyingly smiled with the smell of breakfast in the air. 'Ok, I have to get up and eat, or that smell will drive me up the wall.' As you finally woke up you sat up and saw Joe in the doorway with a nice big plate of pancakes and syrup.

"Wow, Joey, breakfast in bed." You said mouth agape, the smell making you even more hungry.

"I thought I would make you a little something. I don't have work until later and I just wanted to do something nice for you since you always end up making me breakfast." Joe said handling the platter of pancakes.

"Well thanks Joey, I haven't had something like this in my whole life." You said.

"I figured that from the look on your face right now." Joe said sitting upright on the bed ready to eat. You smiled and gave him a peck on the lips and stated eating.

You quietly ate the pancakes on your plate in silence though a lot was going through your mind at this point. Joe tried a couple of times to break you out of your chain of thoughts in the meantime though you looked a bit down. Finally Joe just had to ask.

"What's wrong, (y/n)? You ok?"

"I- well- I am not so sure... Joey. I guess I am just... well..." you trailed off not wanting him to think any less of you and your answer.

"Well- what... what is it?"

You sighed. "I guess... I am just thinking that maybe you would be able to do better than me. I would think you would be able to have someone else instead of me. I guess I have just doubts about myself." You looked down at your half eaten plate of food.

Joe in more ways than one really couldn't believe what he was hearing from you. He wouldn't be able to imagine his life without you in it. You are a huge piece of his heart and he started to wonder about what you got off your mind.

He really doesn't know how he was able to get a girlfriend like you. He wouldn't want anybody but you. Yet this is a thought that he wouldn't ever ask himself, he wondered what brought out this side of you he has never seen out of you.

"Why would you have doubts about yourself, (y/n)? I love you... ever since we were little." Joe answered. "I really don't know this down side of you when did it start? You weren't like this when we were growing up."

"I guess it sort of reared its ugly head once I left here. I had missed you so much, I guess this side of me had showed on up in my life."

"Well, I don't like this side of you. It can bring someone pain mainly the both of us in seeing this side of you."