Their First Everything

(Art by @pencantdraw on twitter)
[This chapter does contain some panic attack bits, so don't read if the paragraph makes you uncomfy]

Georgie💙:
Hey Dream the plane is
about to take off now

I'm so excited George!
I'll see you soon :)

Georgie💙:
You will. I have no idea
what you look like :(

Dream smiled to himself, content with the fact that George was finally coming to meet him in person.

The two had been friends for awhile, and with Covid finally clearing up, George decided it was time to move in.

Dream and Sapnap had been living together for about half a year now, rubbing it George's face as much as possible.

Speaking of Sapnap, Dream hadn't seen him all day due to his worry.

Dream had locked himself in his room for the past 32 hours he'd been awake. (Relatable) He'd gone over every inch of his face, finding every freckle, every flaw, every scar, every skin tone.

George had never seen Dream's face before, and though Sapnap had his pretend flirting, calling him cute and handsome, Dream wasn't convinced. Sure, he wasn't ugly, but he sure as hell wasn't pretty.

He walked back over to his mirror and took one last look at himself before deciding that it'd been 10 hours since he'd showered, so that had to be long enough.

He missed the rain. He missed the steady trickle. And showers provided that for him. So he got in. And enjoyed his make believe rain. He make believed that George was already there, playing in the puddles with him. Dream was loving every second. His two favorite things: George and rain. George looked at Dream's face and didn't cringe away or make fun of him. He just stared happily. Holding his slick hands, water running down both of their faces, light thunder in the distance.

But that wasn't thunder, was it? No, it was knocking.

"Hey, Dream? Are you uh, okay in there?" Dream heard through the door. He snapped to attention.

He had sunk to the floor in his shower and fallen asleep.

"Oh my God! Sapnap I'm so sorry! I'll pay all of this month's water bill! I'm so sorry!" He said frantically, fumbling to turn the now freezing water off.

"Hey hey, it's fine. I was just checking because it's been like 6 hours dude." Sapnap said with a lighthearted chuckle.

Dream felt his breath catch in his chest.

George would be here way too soon.

He hurriedly dried himself off, cursing his anxiety for keeping him up recently.

He flew out of the bathroom, past Sapnap, and into his room.

He started getting ready as fast as he could, putting on his iconic green hoodie and ripped black jeans. He noticed the black fingernail polish on his fingers was chipping and decided to redo them real quick.

While he was painting them, Sapnap knocked on his door.

"Come in!"

"Hey buddy.. Uh Dream.. are you okay? I mean I haven't seen you in like 3 days and then you're in the shower for like 6 hours and-"

"I'm sorry." Was all Dream could say.

Sapnaps smile faltered and he walked over beside Dream, sitting across from him on the floor.

"I'm just nervous Sap. He's never seen me before and.. and what if he thinks I'm ugly and doesn't like me anymore. And how am I supposed to even act around him!? Should I act normally or should I try to not make him uncomfortable at all or-?" Dream was ranting, panicking again, and Sapnap stopped it by placing his hand on Dream's shoulder.

He didn't remember moving himself to be in a ball, but there he was. Huddled in on himself, creating his own little safe space.

His muscles were tight, his hand would definitely leave bruising from how hard he was squeezing. He would make sure to check later if he showered again.

He let loose and started massaging his knuckles, relieving tension that had built up there. He slowly worked his way out back into a normal sitting position.

"Dream, if we're being honest, George would still love you even if you looked like a toad." Sapnap joked.

He rolled his eyes and shoved his nail polish box underneath his bed..

Dream sighed out some more anxiety and grabbed his phone.

"OH GOD. GEORGE'S PLANE LANDED ALREADY. YOU JUST STAY." Dream shouted after seeing George's text from 2 minutes ago.. "Just touched down Dreamie ;)"

He sprinted towards the front door, grabbing his backpack on the way out, and jogging to his car. He barely noticed the drizzle outside during the middle of the summer.

When he arrived at the airport, his hands were shaking uncontrollably.

He walked inside and horribly typed out,

Quere sew tou?
Where. Are. You. ****?

Georgie💙:
By the front. I have on a
t-shirt and a mask

Dream started walking back towards the front of the fairly empty airport, a nervous wreck, tears building behind his eyes.

Then he saw him..

"George!!" He called out.

George turned around and his eyes locked on the tall man waving his hand.

George dropped all his bags and started running towards Dream.

Dream tried to move, but his legs decided they would stay put.

George finally made it over to Dream but stopped about a foot away.

"Hi.." George said breathlessly.

"Hey there George.." Dream mumbled, his tears finally escaping their prison.

George immediately engulfed him into a hug that would mark the first of many hugs.

"Hehe, hi Dream!" George giggled into his hoodie.

Dream felt his tears pick up speed.

George pulled back, "What's wrong Dreamie?"

"You.. you don't hate me. You don't hate my face or my hair. You don't-"

He was interrupted by George pulling himself back into Dream, resting his head on Dream's shoulder.

George was now crying too.

This would also be their first time crying together.

This would be their first time for everything.

Even their first time splashing in puddles.

_________________________________________

Are we popping off or what?

1,000 words of story.

That's freaking poggers.

I love ya!

Have a good day or night!

Mwah!

1,030 words total luvs.