melting

Melting like an icecream when you smile

You've got some soft lips and some pearly whites

○○○○○○♡○○○○○○

Golden hues laced with honey wrapped gently around his figure. Back-lit and beautiful, Dream smiled at George. "George," he said softly. "Hm?"

"Do you want more cheese than this?" George blinked. "Oh. Yeah no that's enough." Dream laughed, shaking his head. "Are you okay this afternoon," he asked breathily, setting the soon-to-be grilled cheese on the skillet. "Yeah I'm good," George practically whispered, chin resting on his hand.

George is in love with Dream. This chapter is about him realizing so.

---

George wasn't sure when exactly he woke up, his mind a melty mess of sleep and morning sun. He blinked at the walls, hoping they would come to life and give him some advice. If they were a little as wise as the person who lived between them it would do him some good.

Bundled up in Dream's sheets, he bit his lip in thought. It was hard to think about anything besides the warmth of Dream encasing him from behind. But still, he tried. Until the warm body behind him stirred to life. He quickly closed his eyes. A weight, that George determined was Dream's hand,  swiped hair off of his forehead. He placed it on George's shoulder and gently shook it.

"George," he whispered, hot breath gliding across George's cheek. He tried his best to pretend he was just waking up. If Dream caught on he didn't show it. "Hi," he smiled all pearly and bright. "Hey," George sighed.

"I'm gonna get up. Are you coming?"

"Only for your mom," George remarked. Self-defense tactic. Dream scoffed, "you're such an idiot." His grin only grew as he walked away from the bed into his ensuite, shirtless with joggers hanging around his hips and George's eyes glued to his every move. 

George fell back onto the pillows as the door shut behind Dream. He rubbed his eyes and rolled onto his stomach. Sleeping was always a good alternative to getting out of bed.
,
'
,
'
,
'
,
'
,
'
He woke up sweaty when the bed dipped beside him. He opened his eyes and the curtains were opened, late afternoon sunlight shining over him. The weight he had felt manifested itself in a fluffy little cat named Patches. "Hi baby," he croaked, sleep still high in his throat.

She rubbed her head against his shoulder and put her paw on his cheek. George's eyebrows creased. "He hasn't fed you yet? Poor baby, let's go tell him off."

Patches meowed a little uncomfortably when George scooped her up as he stood. When she realized he wasn't putting her down she slumped grumpily. George padded down the stairs into the living room and, just like he had expected, Dream was on the couch.

"Dream," George barked out, causing the blonde to jump. He turned his head. "Feed this poor baby who's so hungry."

"Which one?" Dream teased. George stuck his tongue out and set Patches down where she could go bother her dad. She turned around and meowed at George again. "Wha- No Patches you're supposed to go bother him," he pointed over at Dream. She put her paw on his finger and made a small noise so cute that George just had to feed her.

"Alright fine, fine y'know what I'm convinced." He wandered off to go feed Patches. Once she was happily eating, George walked into the kitchen to find some food but instead found Dream wearing the apron his mom had gotten him for Christmas.

"Hungry?" He asked as if he'd been able to hear George's stomach growling when he was on the other side of the house. "Yeah," George said dryly. He sat down at the bar and couldn't help but notice how the sun hugged Dream.

Golden hues laced with honey wrapped gently around his figure. Back-lit and beautiful, Dream smiled at George. "George," he said softly. "Hm?"

"Do you want more cheese than this?" George blinked. "Oh. Yeah no that's enough." Dream laughed, shaking his head. "Are you okay this afternoon," he asked breathily, setting the soon-to-be grilled cheese on the skillet. "Yeah I'm good," George practically whispered, chin resting on his hand.

Dream walked over to him and put the back of his hand on his forehead. "Hm," he hummed. "What," George breathed. "You don't feel hot but you look flushed. I guess it was the nap?" He suggested, to himself really, because George was lost in his face. He pushed his hand back into George's hair.

They stood there, time still, looking at each other. "Hi," George smiled. Dream cracked a smile and ruffled George's hair. It'd gotten a lot more curl once he moved into the Florida humidity. "Your hair has gotten so curly," Dream commented, reading George's mind somehow.

George thought he could cry when he heard the sizzling of the pan that made Dream walk away. He thought he could cry. This was ridiculous. He shouldn't be feeling like this about his best friend. But that was it. Dream couldn't be just a friend anymore.

The grilled cheese was placed in front of him. "Dream."

He came over to him. George took his hands and looked up at him. Dream seemed to understand him in a second flat. "Dream," he said again.

Dream's eyes softened. He bent down and his lips touched George's softly. He pulled away and George went with him. Dream laughed and held George at bay by his waist. "George eat your grilled cheese. I worked so hard on it," he said sarcastically. George just stared at him. "Dream."

"Hm?"

"I think I'm in love with someone. How should I tell them?" He asked quietly. Dream's eyes flicked down to George's lips and up again. "Well, you could probably kiss them."

"Tried that already," George explained. "What a difficult person," Dream joked. "Hm, well you could always eat the food they make you?"

"I could, but he used a nasty cheese."

"What? George, you literally said to use that one when I asked y-"

George melted against Dream and planted another, much longer, kiss on his lips. "I love you Dream," he mumbled against his lips. Dream smiled.