overwhelmed

^ art by OliverSonder on Twitter

5:22 am
Twelve hours until Dream would be in front of George.

george stared at his phone, going through random apps for no reason. thoughts were consuming his mind. he tossed his phone on his bed, laying himself down beside it.

his best friend was going to be in front of him. there was finally going to be a face paired with a voice. a face paired with a laugh. a face paired with a scent.

what if it wasn't enough? what if george's perception of dream was wrong? what if he was underwhelmed? dream would know. he could read george like an open book.

george sighed and looked over at his pc. dream wouldn't be on the plane yet, which meant he was probably sleeping. should he bother him?

george decided against it. if he was being honest with himself, talking to dream was not what he needed right now.

he had nothing to do. no one to talk to. his friends were asleep or busy. he'd already cleaned his flat four times over.

george felt a pain in his cheek and realized he was biting the inside of his mouth again. a nervous habit.

2:43 pm
Three hours until Dream would be in front of George.

george's eyes fluttered open, light making its way into his room. he groaned, already feeling the pain in his lower back from the position he'd fallen asleep in.

his eyes focused and he sat up, feeling around for his phone. he'd been asleep for 9 hours. that meant dream would be in front of him in around three hours. george ran his fingers through his hair. he unlocked his phone and saw he had three messages:

dweam 💚💙

headed to the airport :)))

boarding. glad u fell asleep

see u in a while ✈️

george clicked his tounge. he set his phone back down on his bed and stood up, making his way over to his wardrobe.

he pulled out a familiar blue hoodie, one he'd worn many times, hoping to go for something recognizable. below it was the black hoodie dream had sent him so long ago.

he ran his fingers gently over the smile before pulling the cloth up to his nose. dreams cinnamon apple smell, though faint now, made george feel at home. safe.

what if he didn't feel that way with the real thing. with dream standing in front of him, a warm body instead of a warm hoodie.

george put the pullover back into it's spot and closed the drawer. he only had two hours until dream would be there. he needed to get himself together.

5:34 pm
Dream just landed.

george took a deep breath, counting to ten.

he hadn't gotten himself together.

he was watching his thin finger dance in the air when his phone buzzed.

dweam 💚💙

just got my bags. where r u?

george put both of his hands to the screen, fumbling the words slightly due to the shaking.

main entance by trsh cans
entrance* trash* 🙄

george added the simple emoji to comfort himself in some odd way. he had no idea what his best friend looked like, an unfair advantage in dreams game.

he hoped. no he prayed that dream was what he imagined. he already felt underwhelmed and he hadn't even met the guy yet.

"George?"

george turned around for his breath to stop coming in and going out.

a tall boy- no a tall man- stood before him. wavy blonde hair, the color of a sandy beach, fell around his face. his cheeks were dotted, light specks accompanied the darker, more prominent ones. two dimples lived on his face. georges eyes drifted to be met with a yellow hued green pair. his eyes wandered once more.

the man wore a smiley faced hoodie much like the one george held close to his heart so often. his hands were wrapped loosely around two separate bags, hands out of some freaky hand kink site. black shorts hung around moderately sculpted thighs.

george looked back up into the man's eyes. "Dream..." he suddenly felt a catch in the back of his throat.

dream dropped his bags and george moved towards his now open arms quickly. the taller hoisted george into the air with a smile that could kill dozens and tears that didn't deserve to touch his face.

george felt his own tears unlodge themselves from his eyes, streaming down his cheeks. "I.. I'm overwhelmed." george muttered with a laugh.

_______________________________________

I had this idea randomly but I decided it needed to be written since i hadnt seen it anywhere before.

hope ur all doing well <3