Grim Reaper

Dream walked through the large doors that opened up to The Deliver's room.

He walked forward and waited before the robed man.

"Ah, welcome Dreamer. I have your next here."

Dream walked forward once more and took the small tablet from a wrinkly hand.

-

George Davidson
No spouse
No children
404 street
House 69

"Easy," Dream said to himself. He always preferred the ones with no family. Most saw him as wise and used to his job, but he hated seeing the families faces afterwards.

Dream had been a reaper for nearing 167 years. In the industry, other reapers knew him as "The Dreamer", as his trainer had bestowed upon him at the end of his training all those years ago.

Dream opened the door to his home, not bothering to lock it behind himself. Everyone knew that he was a reaper, and any illegal action performed by a mortal towards any reaper over 70 was punishable by death.

He walked over to his desk and laid down his Everlaster, a ring that promised his forever living.

Popping his old knuckles, he walked into his bathroom. In the mirror he saw the same 23 year old face he always saw. Despite his being 189, he felt as young as ever due to the advancement of technology over the years.

He started mapping out the following day in his head.

First he'd gather a weapon to use, then he'd go to George Davidson's house and perform the act.

Dream got into the shower and then bed, not knowing that his world would change, not knowing his heart would change.

-

"Hello, George Davids-"

Dream looked up and was met with the most angelic face he'd seen in all his life. And there were plenty faces to offer.

"May I come in?"

"..Yes," George replied, his face stripped of all color.

Dream walked in past the short man. He took in the simple neutral colored house that George Davidson had created for himself.

"A lovely home," Dream commented.

"Oh. Thanks.." George said, his voice shaking slightly less than his hands.

"May we have a meal?" Dream asked, as if George could refuse. If a reaper asked a normal for anything they had to do it.

George nodded and quickly ran off to begin the meal.

-

Dream silently chewed his pasta.

"I'm sorry that this is all I had." George said sincerely.

Dream met his deep brown eyes with his own shallow sage ones.

"It's delicious. I wish all normals still appreciated spaghetti," Dream responded.