Mr Mixologist And The Trolley Problem

Dream has always been a popular figure at the local dive bar. With his towering height and football player physique, he easily caught the attention of anyone who walked through the bar's rusty doors. But it wasn't just his looks that made him stand out; Dream had an aura of kindness that drew people in, making him a favorite among regulars.

"Afternoon Mary," Dream greeted as an older woman came in. She came every Thursday night because that was free peanuts night. "Hello, Dream," she greeted back.

"Just the usual?" He asked, already mixing her drink together. She smiled and nodded as he handed her the drink. "Let me know when you run out," he said after placing a basket of peanuts in front of her.

He walked back down the bar and turned on the tv for Oliver: a retired marine who found his quiet place in a bottomless glass of beer and Jeopardy.

But tonight, someone out of the usual walked in.

A man stumbled into the bar. It was clear from the beginning that he was troubled. Dream, ever the compassionate bartender, had learned to see the signs of a binger: crease between the brows, messy hair, puffy face, and dark circles under the eyes.

Dream, interest peaked, walked over to him. "Afternoon. What can I get you..?" He asked, waiting for a name. The man smiled slightly.

"George," the man mumbled to the bartender working that night, his accent startling Dream. "And i'll have whiskey if yours is good," he continued, sliding his card forward. Dream smiled and nodded, pouring George a shot of whiskey. George downed it in one go, "you can keep it coming."

Dream did just that. And since it was a slow night and Oliver and Mary were content, he wanted to poke around this George fellow a bit.

"So what brings you to my bar?" Dream asked casually as he wiped some glasses clean. "Whiskey," George replied nonchalantly. Dream fought the urge to roll his eyes. "No deeper reasoning? Most people who come here and order endless whiskey shots have some sort of story."

"I'm no Shakespeare," George started, "if anything i'm one of his stories. A tragedy.." He muttered as he looked anywhere but at Dream.

"A tragedy, huh? Oh, don't make me beg for it George. Indulge a curious bartender," Dream said, moping.

"Curiosity killed the cat," George remarked, pink starting to rise to his cheeks. Most definitely the rose touch of liquor.

Dream scoffed. "Okay fine! Don't tell me. I'll just serve your whiskey and clean the counters like I work here or something.." Dream whispered to himself disappointedly.

A bit later, when it was just Dream, George, and Mary's empty peanut basket left in the bar, Dream heard George clear his throat.

"My girlfriend dumped me," George said blankly. Dream's heart sank for some reason at the word 'girlfriend'. Must've just been the empath in him.....

"And that's not even what's bothering me. What's bothering me is that I don't care. I mean I just looked at her when she said it, I... I don't know.."

Dream frowned and walked over to George. George looked him in the eyes for first time that night and his cheeks flushed seemingly naturally this time.

"I think I'm gay, Mr Mixologist. What the fuck am I supposed to do about it? I'm fucking twenty seven years old I..." Dream reached out and placed his hand on top of George's.

"It's never too late to be yourself," Dream said in what he hoped was a comforting way. Dream felt something against his leg and realized it was his phone buzzing; closing time.

"George it's time for me to close the bar. Let me get you an uber?" Dream asked desperately.

After a bit of convincing, George agreed to take an Uber home. Dream made sure to get George's number so that he could text him when he got home. Dream made sure he got into the car safely before locking up the bar.

The next day, Dream couldn't stop thinking about George and his internal struggle. He decided to reach out and check on him, sending a text to see how he was doing. To his relief, George responded and they arranged to meet up for a chat.

Over coffee, George opened up to Dream about his fears and uncertainties, and Dream offered his support and understanding.

"Don't let anyone tell you who you can and can't love," Dream told George as he sipped some coffee. George nodded and ran a hand through his hair.

They continued to talk for the rest of that morning. Dream was practically a licensed therapist from his years at the bar, so his encouragement seemed to really pick George's spirits up.

Over time, they became friends and George started to embrace his true identity with the help of Dream's guidance and encouragement. It wasn't long before he found a supportive community and began to live his life authentically. Dream couldn't have been more proud.

Years later, George brought his new boyfriend to the bar to meet Dream, and they shared a toast to celebrating love and acceptance. Dream's kindness and compassion had helped George find the courage to be true to himself, and their friendship continued to thrive, bringing warmth and joy to the local dive bar.

Now the only sad one here was Mr Mixologist. But at least everyone else was happy. And 1 person getting hit by a train to save 10 others sounded fair enough to Dream.

He was fine with watching George shine from afar than with him by his side, right?

"I'll have endless whiskey shots tonight, thanks Sap," Dream mumbled to the bartender on duty that night.

_________

hi guys... 🫣

been a hot sec but i'm finally feeding you again for tonight and tonight only!!!!

not rlly but i've been a busy gal so updates came to a screeching halt like Dream and George's sparking romance-

anyway love yall bye 🦶