I Like You, but... [request]

You knocked on the door of your best friend's house and waited for her to open it. Earlier today she had invited you over for a sleepover and of course you agreed. With you both being away for school now it was hard to hang out but you both happened to be home for the weekend. She was taking a while to open the door so you pulled out your phone to call her. Just as you were doing so though, the door swung open to reveal a shirtless Justin, her twin brother.

"Hey, [y/n]. Long time no see." He smiled and you just nodded, not being able to form words, you were too distracted looking at his tanned chest, chiseled abs and many tattoos that covered his toned arms. There was a thin sheet of sweat on him and he had a small towel hanging on his neck. You assumed he had just finished working out. You weren't expecting him to be here, he was out most of the time you came over.

You've had the biggest crush on Justin for as long as you can remember but you had always been too shy to act on it. He coughed and you realized you were still standing at the door.

"Uh, are you gonna come in?" He asked.

"Oh! Yeah, yeah..." You adjusted your bag on your shoulder and he stepped aside allowing you to step through the door.

"Lani went to the store with my mom to get some stuff for your little sleepover." Justin informed you once you both entered the living room. "She should be back in a minute. Do you want a drink or something?" You said water would be fine and he nodded leaving you alone in the living room. While you waited you sat on the couch and pulled out your phone. Justin returned with two water bottles in hand. He gave you one and took a seat next to you on the couch.

"So, how's it been [y/n]-izzle?" You smiled at the nickname he gave you forever ago.

"It's cool. College is fun.." You shrugged.

"Got a boyfriend yet?" he asked casually.

"Uh, no. Why do you ask?" you kept cool but on the inside you were mildly freaking out.

"No reason," he shrugged. "Just thought maybe you would.."

"[y/n]!" your best friend's loud voice rang through the house before she came into view.

"Leilani!!" You jumped off the couch and hugged her. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you more babe!"

"Ahhhh! Oh my God!" Justin squealed in a girly voice, joining you both in the hug.

"Move, idiot." Your best friend said smacking the back of his head and he laughed.

XxX

"Jay get out!" Lani tried pushing him out of her room.

"C'mon LayLay! Let me have some!" Justin whined pouting. I remember her telling me how he used to call her that when they were little because he couldn't say her name yet.

"Fine," she groaned grabbing a few slices of pizza we had left, putting it on a plate for him. Before handing it to him though, she took one of the slices and licked the whole thing, smirking. He shrugged and snatched the plate from her, taking a big bite of the pizza. "Oh my gosh ew!" He laughed loudly and walked out.

"Ugh he's so annoying." she flopped on her bed.

"He can't be that bad.." you chuckled.

"He really is though," she paused but laughed saying, "but I love the doof."

You never told Leilani about your crush on Justin. It was a small crush anyway, plus you didn't want her weirded out by the fact that you liked her twin brother.

"[y/n]?" Lani's voice snapped you out of your thoughts. "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just blanked out for a second." you smiled reassuring her because she still had a weird look on her face. After a moment she dropped it and yawned.

"Well it is getting late. Let's call it a night." You agreed and got up from your current spot on the floor and went to lay next to her in the bed.

Less than 20 minutes later Leilani was sound asleep next to you but you lay there looking up at the ceiling in the dark. You decided to get up and go in living room since you knew you wouldn't go to sleep anytime soon and you didn't want to wake her up.

"Oh, I didn't know you were up, I'll just go back upstairs." You said when you reached the bottom of the stairs and saw Justin on the couch watching TV. He turned and saw you there before waving you over to join him.

"Can't sleep?" He asked when you sat.

"Nope." You pulled your legs up on the couch and hugged your knees to your chest suddenly becoming self conscious of your shorts and tank attire. "What are you watching?"

"Nothing really," he stretched and the shirt he had on raised a bit. "It's not much on TV at this hour."

"Oh, cool..." Justin tilted his head towards and smiled. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Let's play a game."

"Uhm. Kay. What game?"

"Truth or Dare."

Nearly 45 minutes later, both your socks and your shirt was sitting on the couch next to you, leaving you in your shorts and sports bra. Justin thought it'd be fun to add a wager to the game so whenever one of you refused to do a dare or answer a truth, you had to strip something. For as long as you've known Leilani you never really had a bond with Justin. You guys were cool with each other but it wasn't ever a thing where the two of you just hung out together. He'd just be around here and there whenever you were around his sister so right now it felt nice to just be with him.

"Okay [y/n], truth or dare?"

"Truth." Justin thought for a second. It was so adorable the way he chewed on the corner of his lip while he thought.

"Got it! Who's your crush?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows and you laughed.

"Stop being a creep."

"Stop avoiding the question," he smirked. "You already said you had one so don't lie."

You debated whether or not you wanted to finally come clean to him. You had two options of clothing to strip; your sports bra or shorts and you were doing neither. If you changed your mind to dare he'd probably just dare you to answer his question. So basically, your only option was to come clean. You took a deep breath, what's there to lose?

"It's you." you finally blurted looking down at your hands. He didn't say anything right away so you looked back up at him, to try and read his expression.

"C'mon [y/n], stop joking around.." He laughed a little, tapping your arm a bit. You gave him a straight face.

"I'm not kidding, Justin..." He sighed and ran a hand over his face.

"Crap...[y/n], I like you but," he didn't even have to finish for you to know what he was saying.

"But you don't like me. I get it." you laughed dryly. "It's just a stupid crush. Forget I even said anything." you grabbed your stuff and hopped off the couch.

"Wait [y/n].."

"It's fine Justin seriously. Drop it."

"I just don't want it to be like weird between us now, I mean I like having you around, you're really fun.."

"It's okay. I'm okay, really. Just forget about this little crush, please?" You pleaded with him, the only way it'll be weird is it he constantly brings it up.

After a small beat of silence he looked at you with a small smile and said, "what crush?"

You chuckled slightly and gave him a weak smile in return. "Good night, Justin."