Catfish

"I think it's time we meet up, [Y/N]"

You read the message over and over contemplating your reply. Your heart was beating so fast you could hear it. You bit on the corner of your lip as you finally typed your reply.

"I would love to. :) when and where?" You hit send and let out the breath you didn't know you were holding in.

About six months ago you met this guy on a chat site. You two hit it off immediately and have been talking non-stop ever since then. You felt a strong connection to him, nothing you've felt with any other person before. Over the course of your time speaking to him, you two have had plenty of phone calls, but not yet a face to face or even video call, whenever you brought it up, he'd make an excuse about why he couldn't. That alone should have been a red flag but you looked past it because of your feelings towards him.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when you heard the ding, indicating that he replied. He suggested that the two of meet tomorrow at a restaurant not too far from you and you agreed.

XXxxx

You arrived at the restaurant about 15 minutes early than you two agreed so you just found a seat and waited for him to show up, if he did.

"Are you ready to order, ma'am?" The waitress asked.

"Uhm, no, I'm waiting on someone," you said with a small smile. "May I have a water please though?" She nodded and retreated to the back. When she returned you thanked her before downing the entire glass. You were so nervous and your throat was extremely dry. You checked the time on your phone after wiping your sweaty palms on your skirt.

"I hope he shows up soon..." You thought to yourself just as someone cleared their throat, causing you to look up.

"[Y/N]?" He asked.

"Drew?" You responded squinting your eyes at him. It was sort of dark in the place, and he was wearing all black, shades and a low SnapBack on his head.

"I can't believe we're finally face to face." He said smiling and you realize you hadn't formally greeted him. You stood up and embraced his open arms, taking in his scent. It seemed as though your bodies fit perfectly together and you found yourself never wanting to leave his arms. After a while you both pulled away from the hug and took your seats. That's when you realized he was still wearing the hat and sunglasses.

"Uh, is it too bright in here or?" You said jokingly. Weirdly enough you didn't feel awkward with him. He let out a low chuckle.

"Look [Y/N], there's something I need to tell you....but....I'm not exactly sure how you'll feel about it..." He stumbled through what he was saying and looked down at the table. Instinctively, you reached over and grabbed his hand.

"You can tell me anything, Drew, you know that." He looked up at you and have a small smile before taking a deep breath. Slowly he removed his hat first, running his fingers through his sandy brown hair and then he took off his Ray Bans and looked up at you again. Immediately your hand flew up to your mouth and you released a muffled "oh my god"

"You're....you're..." You couldn't even fully form your sentence.

"Justin Bieber?" He finished for you, chuckling.

"Oh. My. God." You said again, louder this time. Slowly you're mind started processing what was happening.

"I got catfished by Justin Bieber! HOLY SHIT." You half yelled.

"Are you okay, [Y/N]?" His hazel eyes looked over at you concerned and you mrealized how crazy you probably looked right now. But what did he expect?

"Uh... Uh..." You said trying to collect yourself. "I-I'm fine. A little caught off guard though."

"As you should be," he smiled, holding your hands and you swear you almost melted. "I'm sorry for putting you on the spot like this. It's just...I wanted to talk to someone, who you know, liked me for me and not what I can do for them." You nodded understanding as he continued. "I really didn't plan on stringing you on for so long, but the more we talked, the stronger my feelings for you got and I just didn't know how to tell you. I couldn't go any longer without you knowing though." A silence fell between the two of you as you fully processed the situation.

"So you mean to tell me, all those times I fangirled about you... Oh my gosh I'm so embarrassed." You said finally and Justin let out laugh.

"Don't be embarrassed, I thought it was cute." He winked causing you to blush.

"Are you hungry?" He asked you and shook your head noticing that you really weren't.

"No not really..." You said aloud.

"Come on, let's go somewhere more private." He grabbed your hand and led you out the restaurant, but not before putting his hat and sunglasses on. You allowed him to pull you out and into his black Range Rover, all the while there was one thought in your mind.

Justin Bieber catfished you.