Mother knows best?

"No, I'm not going Justin." You shook your head and exited the room with Justin hot on your tail.

The two of you have been together for a little over a year now, and he just recently proposed to you. You said yes, of course and both of you couldn't be happier. There was one huge problem though.

His mother does not like you.

As much as you didn't want to say it, the feeling was very mutual. The last thing you wanted was to have a rocky relationship with your future mother in law but that woman is just evil. Ever since the day she met you she had a problem. No one ever wanted to address it but you knew why she didn't like you.

"Why not? My mom wants you to be there." Justin argued and you turned to face him with the "nigga please" look.

"That is a lie and you know it. That woman hates me." You pouted.

"She doesn't ha--" Justin started but you shut him up with a look saying: "lie again, I dare you."

"Okay, fine but [y/n], I just want my two favorite girls to get along. We need to get to the bottom of this problem."

"She's the problem!" You argued back.

"And I talked to her about it and she's willing to fix this." He said. You narrowed your eyes at him, waiting for him to crack but he stayed firm so you decided to give in.

"Alright Justin, I'll go to this dinner." You said. "But the first time she disrespects me, I swear t--"

"Okay baby, okay." Justin chuckled before grabbing your waist and kissing your lips.

XxXX

"It's nice to see you again, Ms. Mallette." You said and forced yourself to smile. You honestly could count on your hand places you'd rather be than here, but you're doing this Justin.

"Hm. Wish I could say the same...." She replied, also giving a forced smile. You decided to let that small comment fly right over your head.

You're doing this for Justin, [y/n], just breathe. She can't get to you.

Dinner was over now and you found yourself constantly checking the time ready to leave but you knew Justin wanted to do this stupid talk.

"Momma, [y/n]...we need to get to the bottom of your problem." You scoffed and sat back in your seat. The problem has everything to do with his mother. Justin shot you a warning look before continuing to speak. "The two of you are the most important women in my life and I want you to get along."

"She isn't good enough for you." Pattie spoke up first.

"Why though!" You yelled already irritated. "What is your reasoning for saying that?" She was quiet for a moment igniting another outburst.
"Exactly! You don't have a reason, it's just a sorry excuse because you simply do not like me. It has nothing to do with anything I've ever done!"

"You're disrespectful! You're only using him for what he is and what he can give you!" She yelled.

"Wow." You began clapping. "isn't that just fabulous? I am an educated young woman. I graduated college at the top of my class, I have a job and my own money. But I'm using Justin? Ha, what else you got? Cause that's not it either."
She continuously throws excuses at you but everyone in this room knows the true reason.

"Why can't you just come out and say it! Admit it! Admit that the reason you don't like me is bec--"

"[y/n].." Justin warned.

"No, Justin! I'm so sick of this! She doesn't like me because I'm black!" You finally spat.

"Fine! That's exactly it! Are you happy?" Pattie yelled and you just chuckled darkly. You've known this from the beginning.

"Seriously, mom?" Justin spoke.

"Justin, you can do so much better than this." She hissed referring to you.

"Well guess what! He's with me and there's nothing you can do about it!" You stood yelling.

"Sit down, [y/n]!" Justin barked at you. For a split second you almost went off on him but that can wait until you two got home. He's not about to bark at you like he owns you, no matter how mad or upset he may be.

"You always taught me to love everyone and not judge but you're doing the exact opposite. [y/n] has been nothing but respectful to you from the time she met you and--"

"But, Justin,"

"No, Ma, you're done speaking. You definitely said enough. Maybe even too much. If you actually took the time to get to know her you'd know how amazing she was but you missed out because from the door you set in your mind that you weren't going to like her." Justin walked over to you and grabbed your hand.

"At the end of the day, you need to learn to love and respect her because this is the woman I plan to spend the rest of my life with, and who I want to be the mother of your grandchildren. I put up with this for too long but it's time you stop, and treat her with the respect she deserves."

----
I just want to say I'm super grateful for all you guys that read, vote and comment on my imagines! It really motivates me to keep going and make more for you all so thank you so much! I look forward to reading all the comments after I post, you guys are hilarious tbh lol but anyway, that's all, I hope you enjoy this one! Btw, this is no reflection of Pattie's character so don't beat me up lol x
-Donny