07 || Fight Club

Song: Chase Atlantic - Out The Roof (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josie

I could feel it coming.

I didn't know what it was. But I knew nothing good would come out of it. I knew it was going to be catastrophic.

And I could do nothing but wait. Wait as I felt a piece of my resolve crumble with each day that passed. Wait for it to come in and ruin the comfortable life I'd secured the last few days.

Wait and wonder why I hadn't heard anything from Nico. Wait and debate on whether I actually had anything to worry about. 

Yet I could feel it. Simmering just below the surface and every day I spent living peacefully with Kai and Wes, was another day the feeling got worse.

Until it finally shattered.

I was at breakfast, staring down at the food Wes had just piled onto my plate while I fiddled with the black lighter I'd set on the counter.

I fiddled with it more often than I'd liked to admit. I stared and played with it as if it would give me the answers I wanted.

Like what Nico wanted with me. What he meant that night. And why I hadn't heard a thing from him.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of the door. I look up from my seat at the island and look towards the front door, where the last persons I'd think to see emerges.

Kai doesn't look up. Instead he continues to type away on his laptop from the seat next of me, while Wes- who's currently cooking his breakfast at the stove- merely glances over his shoulder at him, sending him a nod of acknowledgment.

Sammy nods back in greeting, adjusting the large black duffel bag thrown over his shoulder, before tossing it on the counter next to Wes.

"Sup, Errand Boy." Wes booms.

I eye the boys, not knowing what to make of this odd interaction.

I was almost certain Sammy had something to do with the beat down Wes was given the other day, but here Wes was acting as though nearly getting a concussion was nothing new.

I questioned his sanity sometimes.

Kai starts to snicker from next to me, still not looking up from his laptop as Wes speaks. "Hey Kai, how fast you think Nico's gonna get sick of his stupid ass?"

His tone is light and I can hear the smile in his voice but his words aren't the nicest. "I'd give it about a few more days until Nico finds a replacement for the replacement and he hauls your ass out." Kai replies.

Sammy doesn't look impressed though, instead he blows a tired breath out through his nose as he leaves the duffle bag and moves towards the fridge.

My curiosity moves towards the duffle bag and I sit up in my chair, prepared to reach for the it, but Wes' bare chested form beats me to it.

He grabs it, moving it away from me while sending me a pointed look. "Mind your own business, Nosy Josie."

With an annoyed huff, I slump back into my chair, narrowing my eyes at the ridiculous man.