37 || Kill For You

Song: The Neighbourhood - Blue (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Nico

My gut was never wrong which was why I always listened to it.

Listened - as in past tense.

These days, though. I didn't know what the fuck to think. It was like having a mid life crisis at twenty four while also having a psychotic break.

And it all stemmed back to the fact that I couldn't trust only person I liked.

You see, my trust was conditional.

I trusted Sammy with the Rosso name, I trusted Margo enough to have not killed her after she'd witnessed what I'd done to her father, and I trusted the people that worked under me to do their jobs.

But I realized that i'd slowly been unknowing putting my full trust in a girl I knew nothing about.

And it was driving me insane.

So fucking insane that when I'd first been informed that she was wiring money to a random account, i'd nearly lost it.

But that wasn't the final straw that drove me away. No, it was the fact that I'd received a report from my security team, informing me of multiple security breeches into my penthouse in the last couple of weeks.

But it was expected. I was a man with many enemies, only what wasn't expected was that the one connection they found was an old phone number. 

The number wasn't traceable, but it did show up in one specific phone log. Bambi's phone long, under the name D, with pages of past conversations.

Conversations I didn't read through, because I knew that if I did, I'd do something I'd regret.

And so, I'd taken the first work opportunity I had to leave the morning after receiving all this information, because I knew the paranoia would be so consuming that I'd force the truth out of her one way or another.

I thought I was doing the right thing. Being the better person and shit by taking some time off to avoid hurting her feelings, but that shit somehow backfired on me. 

This is why I wasn't cut out for puppy shit. Not only was I moodier than usual, but I was angrier too.

And it had everything to do with the little minx pacing the kitchen before me. "Where are you going?"

I lean against the archway and she doesn't even look up at me as she responds. "Doctors appointment."

I don't know what was happening between us these past couple of days, but I didn't fucking like it one bit.

Sleeping on opposite sides of the bed. Only conversing when necessary, and when we did, things were forced and distant.

It was all because we didn't trust each other.

I cross my arms to hide the way my fists flex while I force myself to shut the fuck up, even if that half assed response got on my nerves. 

"Why? Worried I'll disappear on you for three days?" She finally looks up at me and I go to respond, but i get distracted by the sight of her face.