41 || Heart Burn

Song: Wafia - heartburn (slowed +
reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Nico

"Nico."

Let her rest, the doctor had said.

"Nico."

I'd been a full ten minutes. My patience was nonexistent. I wanted to be near her all the fucking time.

Your behaviour is unhealthy and isn't helping your own recovery. Apparently my on call doctor doubled as a fucking shrink, saying he was worried I was developing an unhealthy obsession with the girl sleeping in my bed, upstairs.

Fuck him.

"Nico-"

"What?" I snap, my eyes flickering to the annoying pain in my ass sitting on the couch across from me, counting my money.

Sammy shifts uncomfortably, throwing a wad of hundreds on the coffee table and pulling out his phone. "The representative your supplier sent is still a no show."

I look away from him and bring the cigarette between my fingers to my lips in an attempt to ease the anxiety. The last thing I wanted to do right now was sit here and listen to his annoying ass voice.

"The man won't take me seriously when I call. He's demanding to talk to you." Sammy says, holding the phone towards me.

I glance down at it to see the call in progress. I run my tongue across my teeth and narrow my eyes at the phone.

This asshole worked for me And had he not been running the largest American factory, producing my premium grade coke, I'd have his head.

With an annoyed sigh, I take the phone and hold it to my ear.

"Good evening Mr.Blaine-"

"Shut the fuck up." I say, and he goes quiet. I take a long drag before tilting my head back and blowing a cloud of smoke into the air. "Not in the mood for your shit. If I don't have an extra large shipment come in by the end of the week, I'll be forced to come down to whatever hell hole you run and personally see to it that you're dick is chopped up and fed to you."

I don't wait for his response, I simply hang up, lean forward to put my cigarette out and then stand to leave.

"Where are you going?" Sammy's exasperated voice chimes as he stands.

"I'm not going anywhere. You're leaving." Aside from my on call doctor, no one had been allowed in the penthouse these past three days.

I thought I was finally ready to pick up where I left off before the shit that went down, but I wasn't.

I didn't trust anyone near Bambi, Sammy included. 

"Erm..." Sammy rubs the back of his neck, his nervous tick. Accompanied by his giant pit stains.  "Don't you think all this is a bit much..." He glances towards the couch where a bag of Bambi's belongings lies.

Her clothes, shoes and the rest of the important shit I'd gathered from her bedroom. I was moving it all into mine. "She seems fine to me. You can't just keep her locked away forever."