08 || Xanny

Song: A$AP Rocky - fukk sleep (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josie

Against all odds, I had managed to fall asleep. It'd been a dreadful night, filled with me trying to get the image of that dead man out of my head. But I'd finally fallen asleep in the early hours of the morning, only to be woken up by a loud screeching noise.

One that had my head spinning and my ears ringing.

I wasn't a morning person by any means, but I was relatively good at controlling my grumpiness. Today, however, I didn't bother to rein it in.

Instead all I could focus on was trying to get that wretched sound to stop.

It wasn't like me at all to act out on anger and impulse, and had I not been so sleep deprived and half dazed, I would have thought better of it. But I wasn't.

Bolting out of bed, my feet stomped against the hardwood floors as I stormed into the hallway. My sleep deprived mind only aiding in blinding me with rage as I trudged down the hall, towards the main living space.

It wasn't until I passed the bottom of the staircase that my shoulder had nudged something hard. "Move." I snap.

I wasn't nearly awake enough to registering the fact that there wasn't a wall there. Nor did I stop and think about how there could only be one person emerging from those stairs.

And when it hit me a moment later, I froze, slowly turning around to realize that the hard surface, was actually Nico's bare chest.

It had seemed that luck was on my side, for the man looked to be lost in his own sleepy daze.

He stood there, in nothing but a pair of sweatpants that hung low on his hips, rubbing at his tired, bloodshot eyes. And from the large bags under them, guilt floods me.

He looked terribly tired and I'd just wrongly snapped at him.

That loud screeching sound blares once again, interrupting my train of thought and I cringe out at the sound of it.

"What is that?" I whine, the only thing stopping me from stomping my foot and freaking out being the fact that I was in the presence of someone else.

Nico clutches his own ear as he ignores me, "Motherfucker." He spits under his breath, before storming past me and towards the kitchen.

I follow after him, rubbing at my tired eyes. I guess we had one thing in common, we both weren't morning people.

I get to the threshold of the kitchen, the screeching sound echoing trough the walls. "Cut it out." I hear him growl, his voice taking on a harshness that even I hadn't heard.

I side step his large frame taking up most of the entryway and I look around him to the source of the sound, to see yet another girl. One I hadn't ever seen before smacking two pots together, making a show at being overly obnoxious.

How many girls walked in and out of this place and why were there so many of them?

I try to see if I can recognize her but I don't. In fact I don't think I've ever seen someone who had black hair with red streaks in it. Not to mention she's got an earring hanging from her nose and another one from her mouth.