60 || Little Flora

Song: The Weeknd - Love In The Sky (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josie

"I can't do it."

I honestly couldn't, the anxiety and fear of doing something wrong was making my stomach turn so much so that I feared I'd need to pull over and hurl.

"You've already started." Nico's voice is low, deadly as he grits out his response, like it's almost painful for him to continue, "You can't stop now."

I turn to cast a nervous glance to the man who's sat tense in the seat next to me. He looks anything but happy and I can assume with certainty, that it's got everything to do with the fact that I'd ruined what he'd given me to cherish in a mere matter of minutes.

"Unless you're trying to kill us both." Nicos head slowly turns and he stares at me, his eyes spilling with annoyance. "Keep your eyes on the fucking road."

Oh, right.

I turn back around as yellow flashes in my eyes and with a gasp, I slam my foot down on the left petal, bringing us to a sudden stop.

Nico's hand shoots out, bracing against my chest before I can hit forward. I tighten my hand around the wheel as horns go off, all of them directed at me. "I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Pull over." The relief I feel at those words is instant. "I could use a bite to eat anyways."

And I do just that, coming to a stop outside of the familiar diner that is Fusco's before attempting a parallel park between two cars.

It doesn't go so well.

I seem to have forgotten everything the man's been teaching me about driving and instead attempt my own version of a parallel park, one that causes a dragged, I fondly screech along the side of the car.

I park the car and look over at him, exhaling a relieved breath. "At least we're not in a valuable car..."

"This is arguably my most valuable car." He tells me as he stares out the front window, contemplating his life choices.

I swallow thickly. "I'm sure it's not that bad-" my hand finds the door handle on my side and I begin to yank the lever in an attempt to get out.

"Careful with that- you can't pull-"

I pull on the lever to open the door once, and it snaps off.

"It's fine."I peek a glance at him. His eyes are shut, his jaw is calmed shut and I can tell he's lost almost all his patience "You can climb out from my side."

Awkwardly, I get up and make a move to climb out from his side, but pause when I make it into his lap and decide to comfort the man I'd put in a state of distress for the past twenty minutes it's taken me to drive around the block.

"I didn't mean t ruin the car... it's just so..." I try to find the right word. "Old and fragile."

Old was a generous statement for this piece of trash. Yet Nico still drove around in it, even going as far as to teach me to drive in it.

I attempt to lighten the air by rubbing at his tense shoulders. "Why do you even have this car?"

From what I'd gathered, the man had numerous other cars. All new and equipped with cool advanced features.