Daddy.

You didn't have to care. You didn't have to hug me as I cried. You didn't have to comfort me when I fell off my bike and skinned me knees when I was five. You didn't have to be but you were. Thank you Daddy. You are my best friend and the person that I call and text about everything good or bad break ups or if our team scores. Those ten digits that I learned by heart at six I still know becuase you never changed your number. No matter the hour I could always depend on you. You never got angry when I'd do something wrong you'd just talk to me about it. The boys says it's cause I'm the baby and they're right but I'm always going to be your little girl. No matter the how old I am or how many years pass I'm always going to be your little girl. I heard a voicemail last night the last time I heard your voice was 12 days pior. I smiled while the tears steamed down my face because it made me happy but it hurts so deep inside like someone took a chunk of my soul and kept it. I keep telling myself I'll be fine like a balm to hide my pain but seeing you whither away on that hospital bed heartbeat by heartbeat. Watching your heart of gold slipping away. It kills me but if your not here then I gotta be strong for momma. You always were her balm y'know? Kept her from going crazy. She hasn't been the same since your gone. I gained a little on father time watching momma cry without you there to wipe her tears. I thought for the first time in years God please have mercy or a miracle. Been years since then but watching momma cry. Hardest thing to see in years. I remeber you and momma crying at granddaddy's funeral you hugging her as she cried on your shoulder and your years streamed down your face into momma's hair. It'd been four years since I saw momma cry and then last year we got some bad news momma cried and you just held her throught it all. You didn't have to. You didn't have to push through the pain to play mario kart with us. You didn't have watch movies. You didn't have to bur you did. You didn't have to be my Daddy but you were. So Thank you Daddy for everything you did for me for us. It's okay you can let go now. I know you'll watch over momma. As for me? I'll be just fine Daddy.

[445 words long.]

Author's note:
This play list gave me help for words and to process my feelings:

Author's note:This play list gave me help for words and to process my feelings:

Plus this song:

End of Authors note

End of Authors note