Really Heavy Grade Sunscreen Needed:

-

        He sliced off the demons head insultingly easily compared to the previous fight they'd had only moments ago. It seemed like the world was taunting him for the effort all four of them had made only a few moments before, where all of them had had more strength. It was insulting to say the least. Did all of them really have to get hurt just so this would wear down the demon and they'd eventually die? It seemed like a cruel joke.

        The sun was rising he noticed, and Nezuko was running for him into a clearing where she would burn into crispy ashes, "Nezuko! Go hide in the shade! No!" Tanjiro shouted to her as she reached him and began panicking, it was an open clearing and was nearly morning where the clouds didn't seem to be coming to their aid. Meaning she would burn alive if that happened and he would've lost his sister, "Uuuu!!!" She mumbled, pointing past his shoulder for him to see a body still running for the humans even after decapitation. It wasn't growing back so Hantengu hadn't overcome death by decapitation...so what was letting it move?!

        But the sun was rising, already burning alive Nezuko, Muchiro was too far from them to make it and let Tanjiro go for the demon at the same time, he was still on the cliff being shouted at by the swordsmith, Genya was nowhere near getting there in time...so no one could help, Himo looked like she was absolutely exhausted. For a moment, his heart fell as he realized he would have to choose between the reason he became a slayer or the people he was supposed to defend from the demons. He could only choose one option out of those two and it seemed impossible to have both.

        A shadow loomed over him, he whipped around with his sword raised only to find Himo, standing with blood soaked clothing and a grim face with her hands outstretched hand to him, her haori was draped over her hands so it created a tent fixture that let no light go through the cloth, "I can keep her out of the sun. I'm still able to fight but you probably would end it quicker. So give her here and we can finally get this over with and win." He nodded thankfully and handed her over in a heartbeat to someone he trusted well and couldn't help but smile, "Thanks Sotte-san. I owe you one." She turned away with the faintest of smiles but wiped it away instantly when she thought he was looking.

        "Hey! That shithead is going to kill people! Get going!" She chidded him while snapping her fingers at it. Nezuko mumbled in approval as he ran off to kill the demon then suddenly began struggling against her, even with burns from standing in the sun, she still had abnormal strength. "N-nezuko, it would make my job easier if you didn't try to fight me...wait, what're you trying to do?" Himo noticed Nezuko was trying to get into  the sun, which would burn her alive.

        "No way I can let you into the sun! I promised Tanjiro I wouldn't let you die." She argued, but Nezuko persistently kept trying to fight against Himo like she intentionally wanted to go into the sun and burn. That wouldn't be a wise choice and would leave Tanjiro, Himo, Zenitsu, Inosuke and a whole group of people devastated.

        The girl made a muffled sound that seemed to be frustrated with her incompliance, she fought so strongly against Himo that Nezuko managed to break free of her grip and fell into the sunlight shining down. Strangely, by some pure luck and a blessing, miraculously, she wasn't burning like most demons would around this time. "Wait...what. What?! Explain?! Have I missed something recently? Has something happened? Nezuko...how?!" Himo was startled, but after tumbling a short distance away, got up and welcomingly tackled Nezuko into a hug, "Don't know..." She responded quietly while unclasping the bamboo muzzle.

        "Gods have graced us...or something like that, Tanjiro killed the demon, let's go show him! I know he'll probably be disappointed with how I couldn't keep you in the shade...but this is so good! We can't let this slide!" Himo spotted all three humans safely in the distance and excitedly grabbed Nezuko's hand and began leading her, though still with hand on the hilt of her sword just in case any other demon tried to attack them, you could never be too careful after all. They made their way quickly, with Nezuko beaming happily.