Heartless Monsters

Hey! Soon there'll be a Haikyuu book if we can manage it, PSA over, bye!

-
-
-

"Wrong."

She gritted her teeth as he simply laughed, shaking her off. And leaving her there.

Her vision dimmed and her headless body collapsed into the ground, then, everyone acted together as one. The strings of thin bone healing them shone with red and gold one last time before they withdrew and returned to their host, everyone's injuries were given one last burst of healing as a last ditch attempt from her to let them live long enough, a last second gift from her to give them just enough to finish this final fight. Tanjiro yelled louder than he had ever in his entire life and plunged his sword into the mouth on Muzan's chest even with a missing arm that was slowly reforming with the healing she provided even with the last second of her life.

Himo had been with him for longer than anyone could've known and he'd grown to love her with the way she seemed to never give up on goals and protecting others before herself, even hurting herself in the process like healing everyone. She'd kept a secret so important but acted the same, he loved her for it, and how she had been accompanied him through thick and thin, even putting her life on the line for Nezuko and knew she deserved better than this. Perhaps in another life they would still be selling charcoal and wood together down the mountain in the village, or perhaps they would already be married if it weren't for a single man by the name of Muzan.

Her eyes closed and the curtains followed suite as things were finally quiet.

Muzan dropped the heart and screeched, a thick layer flesh began to encase his body as he writhed around looking for an escape, five minutes. Zenitsu and Inosuke fought like demons themselves against Muzan's last efforts while the other staff of the Demon Slayer Corps did their best even without swords by pushing heavy furniture, blocking Muzan with trolley cars, and crashing entire machinery into him. They fought him with a vengeance.

Shouting came from everyone as he tried to dig his way out, Himijime used the chain of his blades to reign in the monster, dragging it back out of the shallow hole it had dug to try and attempt escape. Their efforts would not be ended so close to the finish line, they weren't about to let him go scot-free with what and who they'd lost. To be stopped so close to the finish line, with what had happened recently and all or better yet who they'd lost wouldn't be for naught.

Then the sun rose.

The first beam of prescious light hit him ironically because of Himo's sword that had clattered onto the ground next to Muzan when her body had been grabbed and fully punctured by his arm. The shiny metal reflected the light and it began burning him with the entire sun to follow. He tried running and escaping but soon he was simply ashes on the road as the sound and sight of his skin burned. The body he had worked so hard to heal, protect, and preserve screeched and thrashed but couldn't help his life as he disintegrated. Everyone held their breaths for a moment as they paused to register what happened.

The world was quiet, things were wonderful, everything was complete silence with the crackling of a death seeming almost comforting when usually it was a thing of nightmares, a single death let them enjoy a little silence.

"...We did it..."

"WE DID IT!!!"

"WE DID IT! HE'S DEAD!!!!"

"Please! Check on her! Please!!" Genya pointed towards Himo frantically, he was alive, so was Himijime, and Obanai, Mitsuri too, Giyuu and Sanemi barely surviving with their injuries and her healing had managed to give him back his fingers even if it couldn't heal every scratch and cut they'd been given. The medics rushed over and took her pulse, instead they looked confused, a few shrank under the gorey situation that was the medical anomaly. Her heart lay a few meters away and continued to subtly beat in place, her body responded with a sluggishly slow pulse. But it wasn't possible with her body as a demon no longer having a head and her heart being ripped away.