End Credits

It had been years since then, their friends still routinely came over to visit their mountain home, the same home Tanjiro used to live in and now they could live in. Nezuko and Zenitsu lived close by, just in the village below, while Inosuke and Aoi lived in the house near the cliff he had been raised and could easily visit. The remaining pillars like Giyuu, Mitsuri, and Sanemi dropped by often. Himo was ecstatic to learn that Mitsuri and Obanai had actually gotten married. Himijime returned to the temple and once more began taking care of kids like he used to.

Himo sat outside on the elevated floor in the garden to watch their kids play, Tanjiro set down a tray with food and tea on it. "Mum! Senken is trying to stab me again!!" Hiroshi cried and ran from her while she wielded the swords she used as a slayer. Himo noticed the sheathe was still on so it wouldn't cause harm, but in the blink of an eye with her hashira level speed, she took it from her daughter. While she stopped training a long time ago once the slayers had disbanded, she was still quick as ever, becoming somewhat of a local legend in the village for her abilities, the work of slayers had been silent and underappreciated but it was worth it. "Well it wouldn't hurt because the case was on it you big baby!"

"No arguing, no arguing! Remember, Nezuko and Zenitsu are coming over soon so make sure to greet them later. Don't play with those swords, they can be dangerous." Tanjiro called to them in warning, though still with a smile and sat down to hold hands with her, watching the two play in the rambunctious manner kids would usually play with and carefreely like they deserved to be forever. Yushiro had shown up at their estate a couple times and was even their family doctor for their kids, he'd mellowed out and accepted Tamayo's death since then and Himo had taken care of Kagaya's kids until they were old enough to begin life on their own.

Because of them both once being demons, they had a longer lifespan and there was a chance they could be fully immortal as a result of their brief change. They didn't mind since it was more time to spend together but such a simple action could lead to them ending up like this.

"Isn't it strange how we don't need to fight demons now? It feels...weird, doesn't it?" [T]

"I mean, yeah, it was our job, but it paid so well we basically have enough to never need a job again." [H]

"...Do you still miss them?" [T]

"Of course I do, but I'm glad we made it this far and they must be happy, maybe we might meet them in their new lives." [H]

"Remember when we first encountered a slayer, it feels like forever since then. Giyuu really scared me, I thought he was actually going to kill Nezuko..." [T]

"Then he became really awkward, like the amount of awkwardness a single person could hold is astounding." [H]

"Oh but Zenitsu though- that was good." [T]

"Yeah, we met Zenitsu trying to get a girl who was already engaged to marry him. Thankfully he's different now but I hated that so much!" [H]

"Inosuke was just plain violent...still kinda is I guess? He bounced off the walls!" [T]

"Obanai hated our guts, remember that? Everyone wanted us dead back then, Shinobu I'm especially glad she didn't kill us cause she could've poisoned us anytime and probably get away with it..." [H]

"She was scary, but so was Genya." [T]

"Yeah but then it turns out he's really nice and lovely all around." [H]

"The best outcome of course," [T]

"Heh...We spent a lot of time together, if we really are immortal, I don't think I would trade it for anything in the world." [H]

"Me neither-" [T]

They both saw Nezuko and Zenitsu walking through the arch in the garden to greet them with Nezuko going to tackle her brother into a hug and Zenitsu talking with Himo about the time that had passed since they'd last visited. Senken and Hiroshi ran up to the two and looked at them with wide eyes and big smiles, tackling them with hugs as well. Of course, they were the favourite niece and nephews so the two spoiled them rotten together, not to mention Tanjiro also loved spoiling them. "Auntie Nezu! Uncle Zenitsu!"

Nezuko was a fully confirmed human, the two had aged since then despite Himo and Tanjiro seemingly never aging a day, but it was endearing to see the two suddenly grow up in front of their eyes so rapidly.

"Careful! We don't want anyone to get hurt! We fought through hell, we can't have anyone die here!" Tanjiro joked as Zenitsu gave in and was brought to the ground by the two giggling kids. It was the inside jokes they could create from such experiences. Nezuko leapt to defend her husband with tickles and terrorized them by chasing them through the garden. Himo laughed with her hands on her hips watching them fool around together, "Oh please, after fighting a demon lord I don't think we can experience anything more dangerous."

"Daaaad! Mum's saying the demon lord story again!!!"

"Oh but it's true, we had to fight against him and he had two mouths! He could push over trains and flatten buildings by himself but we managed to-"

"Alright, no need to bore them."

"Tan'! You know it's true too! You helped fight him, and you did wonderful."

"I know, I know. Now who wants snacks!"

"We do! Shove it I'm gonna get there first!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"You know, I'm beginning to know why I've loved you since then, and until now."

愛する

私は何千年もの間、そして千年以上一緒にあなたを愛してきました