The Lion, The Witch and ✨The Audacity of This Bitch✨

-

        "A person's capabilities and limitations are set at birth! A rare few entered the world with talent, the rest are just rubble! They're dust, of no value! That's how it was with Kyojuro!" The man shouted, Himo's hate for him slowly free more and more as he spoke, she figured Kyojuro was the Rengoku they knew's first name. "Worthless! He had no talent, so of course he died!"

        Himo didn't have the best relationship with Rengoku, she wasn't a big fan of him by any means, her personality a complete opposite of his, but that was just rude. Based on the story that Zenitsu told her, he almost sacrificed his life for her only friends. Her only real reasons for being a Slayer, and that was valuable to her, a close second to her friends themselves, if suddenly her friends up and vanished, she probably wouldn't have a reason to be a slayer, why come back when there's nothing to look forward to except another chance of death.

        Himo could tell Senjuro was trying to hold back tears as his father said such horrid things about his brother who was in a coma, she couldn't and wouldn't blame him, imagine if you had a brother that was, what she assumed would be pretty nice, start being insulted by your own parents.

        Tanjiro had a look or horror, Himo glanced at a puddle of water, she could see that her face was etched with slight signs of irritation at this man, "Senjuro, the funeral has passed, stop looking so miserable!" The man snapped once more, Himo snapped her eyes to look at him once more with even more hate in her mind harbored for him. First you pick on your oldest son who's literally dead, then berate your younger son who hasn't done anything wrong except mourn more than you have.

        "Hey! What a horrible thing to say, please, don't do that!" Tanjiro said, Himo agreed with him, that just wasn't right, for any parent to talk about and to your own children in such a toxic manner was something she didn't appreciate. He pointed at them, "Who are you two anyway?! Go away and don't darken my doorstep!" He shouted before faltering, 'Looks like he doesn't know who we are, guess we'll have to make an impression.'

        "We're Demon Slayers." Himo interjected sternly at his yelling, she saw his eyes flick to her, looking at her eye patch and sword, then to Tanjiro's hanafuda earrings, which dangled in plain view. She began overthinking in the wake of silence. 'Was that too strong of an introduction?...Did I make us look like jerks?'

         The sake jug he was holding collided with the ground in a loud CRASH, "Oh...oh...you're..." The man looked more focused on Tanjiro than Himo, seemed to her that he already ruled her out as a nobody and not a threat, which was something you should never do, despite her small size, she could definitely take one quite a few demons. "You practice the art of Sun Breathing, don't you?!" He exclaimed, Himo, was puzzled, she'd never heard of that breath style, her father never said anything about it either, but then again, he'd never told her about many things. Oyataka's meeting with her made it quite clear.

        "Sun Breathing?" Tanjiro also seemed puzzled, the man made it clear that he should know what it was but instead, Tanjiro seemed just as confused as she was on the matter, though she was taught many different styles of breath, she never was taught Sun Breathing.

        He got tackled to the ground in the blink of an eye, Himo didn't even realize what happened until he was on the ground, which she went on defense, protecting herself in case the man decided to try and tackle her. 'He's so fast! He doesn't move like an amateur!' Tanjiro thought, 'That guy isn't a normal person, I've never seen someone able to move that fast. Even the fastest people in our village couldn't do that, even most slayers can't do that.' Himo mentally could agree with him, she'd seen some quick people, but she knew almost no one who could do that, Kako was maybe just as fast, but she wouldn't know, considering the fact were both just fast in her mind.