Oh Hey Look Human Popsicle

I do not own the art above! There is no watermark but I believe it is by FeralFans, correct me if I'm wrong please and I will change it!

A woman walked through the snowdrift, it had been a blizzard last night and she was ready to get out and talk a walk, being well equipped with a sword of her own she could handle anything that got in her way if they dared to come out against anyone with Wisteria in their pocket and a nichiren sword in broad daylight. Of course on any old walk around a familiar part of the forest you don't expect to find the body of a girl in the snow, almost frozen to death.

For a minute the woman questioned her life choices but crouched down and took her temperature, cold, not to mention there was an odd sword, how had someone who didn't seem to be in the Corps manage to get a sword unless they'd been stolen, but it had a last name, and didn't seem to be taken by force as it's in pristine condition. She sighed and picked her up, an easy task with all the strength she had, the girl was quite light and didn't have the best winter clothes in the world, so not upper-class. So long as this girl didn't die from hypothermia or any other things she could've been susceptible to out here, she wouldn't have to explain a dead body at the very least.

Kako figured she'd take a visit to the Sotte residence, she'd never had a daughter before but knew her best friend had several years ago, described with white hair and blue eyes...okay was this her friend's daughter? What was she doing out here like twenty kilometres from their house? Did he become a bad father? There would be some problems that had to be settled if that was the case.

        Himo snapped open her eyes and sat up with her heart beating from a nightmare, expecting to be in the cold snow alone like that whole fight had been a hallucination or even maybe she was dead and this was the afterlife, but she wasn't. She was in a warm room on her own that wasn't their house, a desk to the side with a book and notebook, the bed she was sitting on had a light blue patterned sheet, her clothes were still the same, slightly dirty and a bit soaked, she stepped onto the glossy, clean, wooden, floor and looked around. Someone took care of this place, and she had been invited in as a guest since she hadn't been killed or anything yet. Luckily, the walls didn't let much cold air in, so it was warm.

Maybe I'm home. Maybe that day didn't happen, I'm still at home laying in bed.

         Finally getting up and coming to terms with her situation, Himo sighed in relief though knew it wasn't true that she was at home it wasn't the right house, at least it was warmer and she wasn't dead yet, she slid open the door where the living room usually was, a woman with a fox mask concealing her identity and black hair was sitting in the main room of the four room house, it was small with a bathroom and kitchen nearby, a pot was boiling with soup inside as the lady attended to it patiently. Himo was a little freaked with the whole mask getup but didn't say anything.

        "Oh, you're awake, I found you in the snow, you were quite cold and I assumed you would've liked to live, under that assumption, I brought you here." The woman explained casually, something about her made Himo more relaxed, it was like seeing her mother again before she started getting sick. Comforting and something was inherently cosy about her. "My name is Kako Rena, I believe that your family was killed by a demon, correct? Your father was (F/N) Sotte as well?"

        "Yeah...what's it to you." Himo answered with a serious face, a stranger knows about what happened very recently, her father only died hours ago, how could a stranger she'd never seen before find out. As cautious as she was with her answer and maybe a bit snappy with it, Himo was also a bit interested how this stranger could know so much about her parents without Himo even knowing who they were, remembering the scene where blood stained the walls a body with a face torn off on the ground. Although she hated her father, she would never wish that upon anyone...well...except one person, The only person who could turn people into demons. Himo remembered;