Magic Unlocked!

A/N: No Beta. We die like soldiers.
Small warning: slight depiction of Neena's dying moments and her unhealthy coping mechanisms.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 3

Magic unlocked!

Neena watched Aunt Jenna pace in the front yard, talking with someone on the phone. She munched on some burnt toast that Aunt Jenna tried to make. The woman was really unprepared to look after 3 teenagers.

The woman came in with an awkward smile on her face.

"Ally...I just talked to the lawyer and it would take some time for the custody transfer. I have to go to Chicago and Liz...Caroline's mom has offered to take you guys in for the time being...I know you don't get along with Elena's friends but could you tolerate it for a while?" Jenna observed her face.

Neena tried to give her a reassuring smile to calm her nerves. It had instead made Jenna more panicked. "It won't be for long! I just need to inform my University about my change of residence and also have to change my College to a local one. I can't just leave you guys here on your own."

"Oh."

Jenna gave her hopeful eyes.

Was this part of the original storyline? She couldn't remember well. Did Elena stay with Caroline? But whatever the case, her answer was obvious, she couldn't put Jenna in a difficult position.

"Yes. Okay. I'm cool with that. I don't hate Caroline even though she is Elena's friend." And it was meeting one of the main casts! That was surely worth a lot of experience points!

[Chain Quest Alert!

The Forbes in the House!

Quest 1!

I don't like you.

Get the favorability of Caroline Forbes to Nuetral.

Reward : 250 Experience Points!

Accept/Reject]

'You know, your not that creative with these quests, System. And what is this favorability thing.'

[Quests are basic and repetitive because Host 999 is not permanently bond to System interface. And host can not be permanently bound as Host 999 is weak. Favorability is exactly that. A measurement of people' s opinion of you.]

'Okay...why did that function only activate now? And You know, I feel like you only come out of the woodworks when you want to give me quests or insult me.'

[The System has no personal attachment or grudge against Host 999. Favorability Metre is only accessible about people who are not considered family.]

'That's... You know what, don't care. My only mission is to stay alive for two years. I don't need to know how a Soul System or whatever you are functions. By the way, are you System 143 or someone else?'

[Host 999 does not have access to the information at present.]

'That was kind of an answer, you know.'

"-ly! Ally! Aleena!"

"huh?"

"I called you multiple times. You okay, honey?"

"uh...I'm...thinking about how one of us need to learn to cook at some point so that the four of us don't starve to death or go bankrupt."

Jenna' s cheeks turned red. "Oh...um...ah...I guess I can try learning that too."