Unexpected

A/N: No Beta. Let's travel this messy world bravely.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

Unexpected

'Finally! A skill! Took you long enough to give me one!'

[This is not the System's fault. The system can only activate skills that Host uses consciously. So, breathing, talking, eating and all that are not skills the System will recognize.]

Neena scowled. 'Was that the System way of saying that's all I did since I came here?'

[Yes.]

'What about when I was...forget it. There is no point in arguing with you. I'm hungry and am going to eat something.'

[And you can use this opportunity to build an hour of conversation with Elena Gilbert.]

Neena groaned. 'Do I have to?' she asked.

[It's a quest worth 500 points.]

'Understood. Fine then. I'm gonna eat! Not burnt food here I come.'

_

___

Lunch was an awkward affair.

Jeremy took his food and dashed back to his room, mumbling something about a leaderboard competition. Elena gave Jenna a plastic grin, said she was not hungry and that she was meeting Bonnie and ran out of the house. So, there went her hour long conversation.

In the end, it was just Jenna and Neena in the end.

"So much for a family lunch. Even Vampires have better family dinners time than this," Neena muttered.

Jenna gave her look. Neena shrugged, unapologetic about voicing her opinion.

Jenna put her fork down and stared at her. Neena ignored her, stuffing her face with braised pork.

Jenna sighed. She felt conflicted. While Aleena had always been unreasonable, she had been different today. Far more understanding. She wanted to hold her words in, incase they trigger Aleena to go back to how she was.

Neena rolled her eyes seeing the near constipated look on the aunt's face. "Spit it out, Aunt Jenna. Let me hear what you want to say that you are making that face at me."

Jenna blushed.

"Elena told me you didn't want to go to Caroline's house," Jenna's voice was questioning.

Neena forced down a sneer. Of course she did. Coward Elena wanted to look like a good girl even though it was her who didn't want to go to the Forbes house so she made the hateful sister take the blame.

Well, she couldn't act too friendly to Bonnie and Caroline anyway. Time for some character development.

Neena took a bite of the toast and grimaced. "She must have misunderstood. I just said I didn't like her friends but I'm fine with going to Caroline's. I won't make trouble for you, Aunt Jenna."

Jenna gave her a look that was conflicting. She wanted to scold her and hug her at the same time. "You are not trouble, especially not to me. But, why do you have to antagonize your sister? can't you two work your differences out? both of you are nearly adults now, you could try to at least."