Inheritance

A/N: Surprise! One more chapter Today!

Happy Reading!

RV 20

Inheritance.

“Will I be able to do it?” Bonnie asked nervously.

Neena blinked. She looked at the girl in front of her, who showed an insecure expression.

She was the greatest Witch in Mystic Falls. The Woman who stopped Hell fire.

But right now she was a 17 year old girl who until now never dared to dream that magic was real because she was afraid to be mocked by her own friends.

And Neena forgot that.

“Bonnie?”

The girl lifted her eyes towards her.

“You are going to be that greatest witch that the Bennett Line has ever produced and magic is already in you. Ready for you to use it. So just learn. Don't think about anything else. Don't force yourself. You don't need to force it.”

Bonnie suppressed her laughter. Though the words were so mighty, the tone her friend used was hesitancy, like she really didn't know what she was saying.

“Let's begin then!”

Neena nodded. “Close your eyes and calm your heart. Only think about the magic in you and those around you. Tell me when you can consciously feel the connection between you and nature.”

They all sat and watched as Bonnie followed her words.

Neena's phone beeped.

She looked at the message.

Prince Jer: I didn't realize seeing magic meant watching Bonnie take a nap. Don't you have wands or something?

Jeremy snickered from beside her.

Neena glared at him and pushed him to the ground.

“Don't be a nuisance,” Neena whispered to him.

He grinned at her.

Neena suddenly felt a stirring in her veins. Like her magic was being touched by something. Something that was curious, young and innocent.

Neena closed her eyes and felt the changes in her magic.

The other presence was new and yet there was a familiarity to it. Like Neena's magic had felt this presence or others related to this presence before. This was someone she could trust.

This was her family. Her coven.

Ivanka smiled. This presence was magic and from the feel of it, it was someone from Eliza's coven.

The Magic was young, barely used and yet it was so spirited.

Ivanka felt her own magic respond to it.

She frowned. There was something different about her magic. It was no longer the same. It felt almost like there was a new memory attached to her magic. Memories that were not her own.

She felt her magic settle in that familiar swirl as the younger magic circled around her.

It seemed to be asking her permission.

Ivanka smiled and guided the young magic towards her own.

We are family, she thought to it. You are a part of my coven.

Her heart thumped as she felt another presence near her. A familiar presence.

Katerina.

She touched the life force of her sister with her magic and frowned. The connection between the two of them seemed to be mangled, as though their love and trust towards each other was broken once. She used her magic to smooth that fracture out. It would never go back to the seamless thread it used to be but that didn't matter to Ivanka. She had her sister and that was all the only thing that mattered.