Built It Up

A/N: Disclaimer: I don’t own the Vampire diaries or it’s Spin offs. Obviously.

Sigh. Sorry for the late update guys. I made a mistake I said I wouldn’t do for this story. I plotted the things I wanted to write in this chapter.

Every time I plot something, I struggle to write it and yet I plotted this chapter. Writing it was hard because Damon wouldn’t stop talking! And there was even a brief confrontation with Stefan that I wrote in that felt stilted and awkward.

Anyway, enjoy reading it and thank you for your love and support.
______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

Built it Up!

Neena and Bonnie sat on the front porch of the Gilbert’s residence.

“Thanks for coming with me,” Neena said, fidgeting.

Bonnie gave her a tight lipped smile. “No problem. Caroline was insistent that I should help you.”

Neena chuckled.

Caroline Forbes had decided that Bonnie and Neena were not close enough, so when Neena had asked Jeremy to help her with a delivery, the blonde insisted that she and Bonnie were enough help. Elena pouted but stayed quiet. Jeremy had happily left Neena at the blonde cheerleader’s mercy because it meant following Vicki around like a lost puppy to ‘help her with homework’.

Elena had become even more moody after hearing that and followed after Jeremy, trying to make him see that Vicki was ‘bad influence’. Jeremy did not take her opinions kindly.

Caroline, the multi-tasker, of course had a Student Council meeting and the whole job fell onto Bonnie and Neena’s shoulders.

“So, what did you order?” Bonnie asked.

Neena leaned against the door. “Herbs. I want a new hobby. I’m thinking of learning how to make some herbal soaps and scents. And I did learn a few kinds of herbal tea that are said to be good for health and beauty on the internet. It’s a good way to let my emotions calm down.”

“Oh?” Bonnie was surprised. “Wow. Getting into new hobbies... Elena should start those too, maybe it would help her.”

Neena shrugged. “Everyone grieves differently and besides, she should want it too. You are okay with helping me right? I can do this by myself if you think it’s too much. Might take a bit-”

“I want to. My Grams loves these things, so do know a bit about these kinds of stuff.”

“Really?”

“Yeah...she keeps saying we are witches.”

“Wow. Are supposed to tell people that though? Aren’t those kinds of things supposed to remain secret.”

Bonnie laughed. “Nah... Grams is cool about it. She keeps trying to convince me but seriously, that woman has been reading too much of occult books of our ancestors.”

“But it sounds so awesome. If you really don’t believe it then you can try seeing it as a family tradition. Something you indulge in because it’s what families do on a Sunday brunch.”

Bonnie grinned. “Witchy juju on Sunday brunches. Nice.”

Neena nudged her side. “Now that is a great book title. It could be about a bunch of oldie witches sitting around, eating food, and talking about all the witchy things they did the whole week. Turning men into frogs-”

“And frogs into men-”

“Flowers into bugs-”

“Bugs into snakes-”