Pilot - The Awakening

A/N: Here it is. Pilot Episode. Finally. This was a tough one to write because I kept watching the episode clips on YouTube to make sure I other the essence of it.
Happy Reading!

**********************
Chapter 10
Pilot (The Awakening)

The paper burnt to ashes.

The wind of dawn blew it away.

A crow cawed at the window sill.

Neena smiled at it.

"Welcome back, Damon."

The crow nodded its head and flew away.
Neena looked down at the papers she burnt from 4:00 am onwards. There was progress in her fire bending but it did not make her environment friendly, which was the exact opposite of being the Avatar and a TVD witch.

[Ding!]

[Congratulations Host 999!

Host has unlocked subskill: Burn! Burn! Burn!

User can burn things. The degree of burn depends on the amount of magic used and the will of the User.]

'Alright! Finally, progress!'

[The System is disappointed in Host's burning of papers. The System also believes the Host is a pyromaniac.]

'Yes, I am. The best kind.'

She looked at the necklace and bracelet on her desk with a smile. Her vervain had started to bloom and she had made a set of jewellery for Caroline. She would give it to her during the lunch. It would keep her best friend safe and away from Dracula's hands.

She placed it inside her bag.

Neena woke Jeremy up and dragged him down with her. They started making breakfast as Jenna came down.

"Hey, I can make toast!"

"And we can make food without burning it," Jeremy said.

Jenna hit him on the head.

"Watch it, I'm making scrambled eggs! And you won't get any!" Jeremy threatened her.
Jenna gasped. "How could you? I'm your favourite aunt!"

"You're our only Aunt" Neena told her.

"Yes, I'm a rear species, I should be cherished," Jenna said.

"I've ordered a crystal showcase for you," Neena said.

Jenna huffed. "I'm an untameable beast, Ally. How could you?"

"What are you guys talking about?" Elena asked as she came in.

"How endangered a species Aunt Jenna is," Neena said.

"Very," Elena said.

"Jeremy says I burn toast," Jenna complained.

"It's alright Aunt Jenna. It's all about the coffee anyway," Elena informed her.

"No it's not," Neena said. "None of you are leaving this house without eating breakfast. If you do, I won't cook for the entire month!"

That had all of them stumbling to finish their breakfast. It was a simple plate with toasts, scrambled eggs and green salad.

"Your first day back to school and I'm unprepared," Jenna bemoaned.

"Why is that?" Neena asked. "You were talking non-stop about it yesterday. I thought you would become a super mom or something with the way you boasted."

"Or something," Jeremy muttered. Jenna kicked him under the table. "Ow. Elena! Coffee!"

The Doppelganger passed everyone a cup. Even for Neena.