Sheila Bennett

Chapter 21: Sheila Bennett
Last time on Re: Vampire:
Neena tries to teach Bonnie magic in the woods with the rest of the gang and gets overridden by the memories of Ivanka, Katherine’s dead big sister. Bonnie and Neena finally are able to suppress her, and Neena manages to calm Bonnie down. 
Everyone is in a state of despair and Damon has gone to get Grams into the team.
Beta Reader: Orla-Madeline-Potter (Yes, we finally have a Beta reader!)
Onto the story then:
Happy readings!
***
Damon stopped at the threshold of the Bennet House, pausing just as he was about to knock on the door.

His blue-grey eyes narrowed as something occurred to him.

It seemed that Sheila had sensed his presence outside as she opened the door.

Her eyes were narrow. “What do you want?”

She could sense the old magic around him and the spell at her doorstep had signalled to her of his arrival already. She was waiting for him to make a move for a long time but when she saw that he was just standing there like a statue instead of actually doing something, her curiosity had gotten the best of her.

Damon flashed her a charming smile. “I’m Damon Salvatore, may I come in?”

She raised an eyebrow at him, her eyes showing disdain at his low IQ move. His smile disappeared.
“What do you want?” Sheila asked once more after she saw him put the hand down.

His thoughts veered off, thinking of the upper hand that he had in this situation.

“Your granddaughter is in danger,” Damon said to her, “And if you help me out, I will tell you where she is.” Sheila’s eyes narrowed into slits.

Damon started to scream as an unbearable pain clouded his thoughts. The pain made it difficult for him to even think. It was only his experience as an Augustine Vampire that helped him collect his thoughts enough to speak.

“Sorry! I’m Sorry!” he managed to say through his blood-soaked mouth.

Sheila did not let up. “Where is Bonnie? What did you do to her?”

“Nothing!” he screamed, “I did nothing!”

“Then where is she!” Sheila hissed.

“In the woods!” he shouted at her. “Did some magical juju with her other witchy friend and then they started to bleed. I was asked to get you to help!”

She increased the aneurism spell.

His screams got louder.

“And you decided to try to use that on me!” Sheila asked in anger.

“I am sorry!”

Sheila scoffed and ended the spell.

Damon laid there, covered in sweat and tears as he tried to get back his bearings.

“Now, where is she?” Sheila asked again.

Damon groaned. “In the Woods near the cemetery with her other friends.”

Sheila looked at him in surprise, then nodded and locked the door behind her with a spell before driving off.

Damon slowly got to his feet and let out a sigh. “Got beaten by a grandma. Nice.”

With that self-deprecating statement, he followed after her.
***
Damon reached the clearing before Sheila did.

He was surprised to find that Bonnie was already up.

His eyes went to Neena, who was as still as a corpse.

He felt an uneasy feeling in his heart. A feeling that he was determined not to acknowledge. It felt like fear and concern. He didn't even really know the girl, it was ridiculous that he was already worried about her.

Perhaps his worry was more towards what Sheila would say when she knew that her granddaughter was hanging out with Vampires. The woman knew that he wanted something from her after that debacle at her door and if she told  Bonnie, he would lose both the Bennet witches that he had as backups.

 Stefan looked at him. “What happened?”

“She's on her way,” Damon said in an offhand tone.

Stefan stared. He could smell the familiar residue of stale blood and sweat on Damon. He knew that Sheila must have attacked his brother and, knowing Damon, he must have done something that really deserved it. He just hoped that his brother’s stupidity would not hurt Elena or Neena.

A black metallic car drove in.

Sheila ran out of the car, her eyes only on the figure of her granddaughter who was leaning in Caroline’s embrace, and whispering to her as she closed her eyes.

“Bonnie!” Grams screamed as she fell to her knees in front of the young witch and pulled her into an embrace.

Caroline backed away to give the old woman some space. Her eyes darted towards Neena who was not moving a muscle. She worried her lips. she did not want to disturb the family scene but Neena was-

“Grams!” Elena shouted, her voice thick from the screaming she had been doing for so long and snot. “It’s Neena! Something happened! They-they said you can help!”

Elena’s hands cradled Neena’s head to her bosom, her hands pale from the death grip that she held the unconscious girl in. Jeremy did not look away from his unconscious sister’s pale face, fear and terror in his heart. He had complained (when he heard the news) that he wasn't able to be with his parents when they were dying but now, holding Neena's hand, he realised that watching his loved ones die before his eyes were even worse.

Sheila looked at the tragic, lost way that the Gilbert children were huddled together and realised something.

“Possession?” Sheila asked. She was far too familiar with this kind of thing and could see the signs there. There was something different about this possession but it was still the same. Neena Gilbert’s body was showing signs of magical tears that possession wrought.

“Yeah,” Bonnie said as the Bennett witch ran towards her friends.

Sheila muttered a spell and realised something. She looked at her granddaughter in shock. “You created a coven bond with her?”

Bonnie looked at her in confusion. “Grams! I don’t know what you are talking about!”

“And now is not the time for that!” Caroline said to the woman, “You have to juju this thing away from Neena first!”

Sheila sighed and continued her chant.

The wind picked up.

And stopped as soon as it picked up.

Sheila stared at Neena in confusion.

“What’s wrong?” Stephan asked when he saw that everyone else was just staring at Sheila in trepidation.

Sheila sighed. “Nothing. Just that, your friend has locked her mind up with her own magic so that she is protected from the possessing memories. I have a ritual at home that can help her situation.”

Jeremy moved before anyone had even comprehended what the woman had said. He took Neena away from Elena's death grip and walked towards the rows of the parked car. “Let’s go then!”

The three girls just ran after him.

Sheila was surprised by the speed at which they all responded but calmly walked behind them.

Just as Damon and Stefan started to follow, the older Bennett witch turned towards them.

“Not you two,” she said to them. Her eyes fell on Damon. “Especially not you.”

Stefan frowned.

“What did you do?” he asked Damon.

Damon smiled at him. “I got her here, didn’t I? Let's go, baby bro.”

Stefan grabbed him by the shoulder. “What did you say, Damon? And Sheila said we are not welcome.”

Damon rolled his eyes. “Who's going to listen to her drivel?”

The older Salvatore sped off before Stefan could ask again.
***
*No excuses as to why I did not update like…after September 12th of 2021…wow, that is nearly a year ago.
Hi…
So…other than me being an A-ole for leaving you all hanging for no apparent reason, you should all thank a lovely person, who asked to be my Beta reader for the story. I felt really guilty for not updating it at all after reading it. I will try to update again, But no promises of consistency. 
I have like 5 Original projects that I am working on, two Entrance exams to get actual jobs…extra classes on Saturday and Sundays…and life in general…so..yeah…no particular schedule that I will be following.

Also, sorry if the character does not seem as engaging as it used to because I have been away from the story for so long and I am pretty sure that my writing has gotten worse and it has been a long time since I have read any fanfictions in any fandoms.

So, yeah…hi again…