CHAPTER : 19

TWO WEEKS LATER.

Virat has finally got his transfer letter after countless number of tours to police head quaters. He was so excited to meet Sai that he can't wait for his transfer letter to come. Today is the day when he finally has his letter in his hand and he was so happy that he come running to his aai and said that he will be leaving on the same day. Ashwini was happy to see Virat this happy. This smile which he has on his face was visible after six years of sadness and remorse. He has already packed all his stuffs and got ready to go to the place where his beloved lives. In the evening, he left for Hyderabad after taking blessing from his mother and biding good bye to his bua and Rahul. He asked his mother to get ready for his son's wedding as it will be soon that he will get married to his love of life once again. On the way to station, he looked outside the window and asked the driver to stop the car. He got out from the car and walked to the stairs of the temple in which he was married to Sai. He started walking up the stairs and remembers each and every moment and feelings he was having on his wedding day. The marriage which was suppose to be a deal was never meant to be more than that. Sai was never meant to be more than just a responsibility for him but today, she is his whole world. The world which he has destroyed by his own hands and now he was going to meet his world again. He will apologize and will do anything which is possible to get his Sai back in life. He reached the corridor of the temple and looked around himself. It was the same place where he got married and now he was there to take blessing from god to help him get his Sai back. He goes near the idol of the god and prayed with all his heart to fulfill his wish and complete his life by sending his Sai back in his life. And bless him that the next time he come here, then his Sai would also be here, next to him. It was like walking on the new path again. The place he was standing at, was the same place where he married a small town girl, six years ago. Soon that girl became his life and he became so weak that he can't even live without her. He knows that he has hurt Sai in a way that it will be difficult for her to forgive him but he is also stubborn enough to make her forgive him. At this place, his whole life has changed once and now he was again at the same place where he knows that moving ahead from this place, his life will change again.

After a long journey, he finally arrived to his destination. It was a new day and there was a new hope in Virat that he will get to meet sai after so long and will finally apologize to her take her back with him, as his wife. The excitement on his face was clearly visible and he was not able to control his excitement, he was jumping with joy. Samrat has send his address and asked him to come to their house. He quickly grabbed the taxi and shortly after reached the house. The ride was short and was filled with excitement together with nervousness. The closer he was getting to his stop, the more sweat was coming out of his palms.

He got out of the cab and run to ring the door bell. He nearly broke the door bell in excitement. Samrat opened the door with annoyed expression on his face and saw Virat standing at the door filled with excitement and glow on his face. Virat hugged his brother as if they were meeting after decades. His hug was tight and strong, he was squeezing all the air inside samrat out of his body. Samrat broke the hug and asked him to come inside. Once they got inside the house Virat saw pakhi and runs to hug her. He hugged her gently taking care of her condition. Pakhi smiled knowing that the glow and happiness on Virat's face isn't going to last long after he knows the truth about Sai's engagement.

Samrat: Virat, control kar apni excitement, mein janta hu ki tu bahut kush or excited hai kisi se milne ke liye, lekin usse pehle hume tumhe kuch batana hai.

Virat thought that Samrat might wanted to talk about how he should apologize or behave in front of sai or any other stuff which he thought that he knows. He said with a smile on his face and relaxed expression.

Virat: ha theek hai jeeva, tu chinta mat kar. Mein teri sab baat sunuga or manuga bhi. Tu bas mujhe yeh bata ki sai kaha hai?

Samrat and Pakhi looked at each other face, both not wanting to tell him about the truth and makes him sad again. They have not seen the smile he was wearing on his face in last six years. They don't want to see him sad again but they have to tell him eventually. Pakhi thought that it's better to wait for a while and then tell him about the truth.

Pakhi: Virat, tum itna lamba safar karke aaye ho, kuch kha lo phir mil lena sai se. Vaise bhi vo abhi hospital gai hui hai, tum usse sham tak mil nahi sakte.

Virat got a little disappointed knowing that he will have to wait till evening. But he nodded his head knowing that if he can live six years, he can surely manage to live six hours without her. Virat nodded and got freshen up. He also helped Samrat in the kitchen as both the brothers asked pakhi to take rest. They all sat down to eat breakfast chit chatting.

After they have finished their breakfast Samrat finally decided to tell him the truth. He makes Virat sits on the sofa and said.

Samrat: dekh Virat, mein jo tumhe batane wala hu vo bahut mushkil hoga tere liye sunna par tu humari puri baat sunna or uske baad react karna.

Virat who was all chilled out before, was now tensed and all serious after hearing Samrat's serious voice.

Virat: kya baat hai Samrat? Sab theek hai na? Bata na kya hua hai?

Samrat: Vo sai...

Virat got more tensed after hearing Sai's name. He cannot let anything happen to sai and he can't wait any longer for Sai to get back in his life.

Virat: Samrat, kya hua hai Sai ko? Bol na! Theek toh hai na vo?

Samrat build up the courage and finally spoke closing his eyes because he was not able to see the happiness on his face dissappear.

Samrat: Virat, Sai ki engagement ho gai hai!