CHAPTER : 20

After completing his sentence, Samrat slowly opened his eyes not knowing what to except from Virat who might be surprised and sad again after knowing about Sai's engagement. He looked at Virat and see the most lifeless and pale face he has seen in his entire life. The bright and glowing face which has arrived at his house this morning was once again colourless and sad. He was concerned about Virat as he was still, he was not even responding to anything. He was not even crying and was only sitting still. Samrat put his hands on his shoulder and tried to shake him, but still he did not moved. He was getting more concerned about him. There was no reaction, no movement in his body.

Virat was feeling a storm, building inside of him. The storm of sadness and utter shock. His biggest fear was coming true. His Sai is going to be someone else's. He has always feared that Sai must have moved on with her life but after knowing that she was still single, he was on cloud nine, but now he cannot even know how to handle the pain. This pain what he was experiencing right now is way more stronger and bigger than what he has experienced in his life. He was confused what to do? Weather he should cry or he should hurt himself to the extent when he can't feel anything. The thought of ending his life was coming in his mind. He did not know what to do next as his only motive of living now, was not going to be complete. His only aim to live life was with his Sai but now it was not going to be completed. So he thought that what is the point of him living now?   

Samrat was getting more and more concerned about Virat. It's been a few minutes and he has not moved at all. He again tried to shake him. 

Samrat:  Virat, kuch to bol. Aaise chup kyu baitha hai. Kuch toh bolo na, Dekh mujhe or Pakhi ko bhi nahi pata tha ki Sai ki engagement ho gai hai. Vo toh jab hum yaha vapas aaye tab usne hume bataya. Please Virat, hume sach mein kuch bhi nahi pata tha. 

Pakhi who was standing behind the wall ,to give some time to the brothers, was listening and hearing to all what was happening. She was feeling pity for him. She knows that everytime when Virat loves someone, that person left him. It has happened with him once and it was again happening with him. Frist it happened with him when he loved her but she got married to samrat and now it's again happening with him, when sai is getting married with Vir. She comes out from behind the wall and sits in front of them, on the sofa.

Pakhi: Virat kuch toh bolo.

He couldn't speak anything. The tear finally escaped his eyes. He hugged samrat and cried. All his pain and regret was coming out of his eyes making his eyes red in colour. Samrat held his brother and let him cry on his shoulders. Pakhi put her hand on his back and rubbed her hand on his back to calm him down. After sometime, Virat finally stopped his crying and broke the hug. He looked down, ignoring both of their eyes who were filled with concern for him. But he did not need their concern, he wanted his sai back which he can't get. Suddenly a question popped up in his mind and he faced them both and asked.

Virat: jab tum logo ko pata chala ki sai ki engagement ho gai hai toh phir mujhe tum dono ne bataya kyu nahi? Mein nahi aata yaha pe. Tum dono jante ho ki mein usse kisi or ke saath nahi dekh sakta toh phir tum dono ne mujhe yaha aane se roka kyu nahi? Kya tum dono yeh chahate ho ki mein usse dekh kar or udas hu, yeh sochu ki meri ek galti ki wajha se vo mere saath nahi. Vo kisi ko or ke hone ja rahi hai? Kyu nahi roka mujhe yaha aane se?

Virat's voice was high but was breaking in between because he was still sobbing in between. He was not able to understand that why they want him to see his sai getting married to someone else. If they would have told him about her engagement earlier then he would have not even be here in the frist place. He would have not tied up fake hopes in his heart and in the hearts of the rest of the family members that he will bring his sai back. He was angry, devastated, sad and broken at the same time.