CHAPTER : 21

It's been two weeks since Sai's engagement and her life was going pretty good with Vir. Pakhi has already met him and she is quite happy with Vir.Sai still remembers when the next day she made Samrat meet Vir, he almost gasped because of Samrat's tight grip around Vir's hand during their casual hand shake. Later when she asked why did he do so with Vir, Samrat told her that Vir has made a pretty good impression on Pakhi and she just can't stop praising him and he did that out of jelousey. Sai burst into laughter knowing that Samrat is insecure about his wife and Vir even after knowing that, his wife is carrying his baby. From then on she always used to make fun of Samrat and tease him about his act.

Sai was sitting near the lake, admiring the still water and chill breeze blowing in the air. She was on her regular spot, where she used to sit when she was feeling sad and depressed. She was sitting their thinking about Vir. But there was no trace of joy on her face which a women have when they thinks about their to be husbands. There was fear and pain in her eyes. Vir has been a fantastic human being since she got to know him. He was caring, loving and polite. She has thought that there is nothing wrong with him. Well, it was until the day before yesterday, when she had seen a angry and completely strange side of him.

On that perticular day, something happens which let her to think about her relation with Vir is not good for her.
      Sai was in the hospital going through her patient's reports, suddenly Aniket came to visit her. It's been a long time since she has saw him so she was happy meeting him. They both were having a nice time with each other and suddenly Vir came inside in her cabin, without knocking on the door. She has introduced Vir and Aniket to each other and Aniket was very surprised to see that she has finally moved on, after so many years. After a little chat, Aniket left as he was getting late to go somewhere. Sai turned and smiled at Vir but he turned her smile into cry. He griped her wrist so strongly that it left marks on her wrist. She was in pain and at that time she has fear in her heart for her to be husband. She tried to losen his grip but it does not do anything to him. He thought that she was too close to her so called best friend and he did not like that. She said that they know each other for the past six years and that they were each other through their worst times but Vir was in no mood to listen to her. He warned her to stay away from any other men except him and Samrat as he is her brother. When he left her cabin, she had tears in her eyes together with pain and the feeling that she should end this engagement right here. In the same evening, she called Vir and before she could say anything to end this engagement, Vir started pleading her and promised her that he will not do any such thing again. She tried to say that she cannot be in this type of relationship but Vir told her that he was feeling insecure and all he did was just because of that. Sai melted seeing him  pleading for her to forgive him and decided to give him one more chance, from then on he took extremely good care of her but she is still does not have any more good feelings about him after that day. 

She was sitting still thinking about Vir and her relationship. Suddenly a person come and sits besides her. She looked at the person and her heart stopped. It was the person she has loved her whole life after her father. She was astonished to see him here, sitting besides her. She knew that someday she would have to face him as he is Samrat's brother but today is not the day, when she is already grieving and started to having second thought about her current relationship. Her heart has loved this person and is so happy to see him but her mind knows that him being here would not help her in thinking and making a wise decision about her and Vir as her heart will only choose him. She wanted to go away from there but her heart does not want to go anywhere leaving him. She has seen him after so long and she only wishes to see him all day long, observing every detail on his face and every new lines which has formed on his face during the passage of time.

"VIRAT" her mouth whispers without her knowing as if her body and soul  are not in her control.  

Virat looked at her. His heart was filled with joy and happiness, he wanted to hug her and hold her till the end of his life. But he controlled his emotions. He can see the same feeling in Sai's eyes. The love and care for him is still in his eyes but he can also not ignore the fact that she is getting married to someone else. His eyes got teary once again but this time it was happy tears. His heart felt relief and happiness seeing Sai after so long. He has struggled to get to look at her face just for once. A small smile took over his face. He has waited so long for her to call him by his name and now when she did, he can feel his heart slowly relaxing.

Sai got up to go from there. She can't stay there and make decision about Vir and her relationship in the presence of her ex - husband for whom she still have some feelings. She got up and turned to go from there but Virat held her wrist gently and stopped her.

Virat: sai, please ruk jao. Bas ek baar meri baat sunlo. Bas ek baar. Please.

Sai can clearly sense the plead in his voice. The hold on her wrist was gentle and much more comforting than of Vir's. She wished that he do not leave her hand. But she is also aware of the reality. She make him lose his grip on her wrist and sit besides him on the same bench, having a proper distance between them. She knows that they have to clarify the mess in between them because she now have to face him regularly. Samrat is his brother and she don't want to leave anymore of her family behind because of him. Now that he is here in Hyderabad, she don't want to live feeling awakard everytime she visits Pakhi and Samrat. She don't have any further courage to leave Samrat and Pakhi who are likr her family, behind and to forget them just because of Virat.

There was a strange feeling in both of their  hearts. They both wanted to stay with each other but they can't. The pain which Virat has given to her was too much to forgive that easily and Virat could not have his sai back because she is already engaged. They both have realised that they have to live without each other for the rest of her life but they know that their heart belong with each other even when they are seperated for the rest of their lives.