𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

"What an amazing game, girls!" Irene walked up to them.  Jihyo nearly collapses in front of her due to Irene's outstanding beauty.  She nods and bows again.

"Gomawo, Irene-ssi!"

"We can't wait to beat you girls!" Seulgi smiles sinisterly at them.  Jeongyeon smirks and goes toe-to-toe with the spiker.

"We'll beat you first!"

-

=18:50 (6:50 PM)=

"One last round of games today!  Kimsang versus Tancheok on Court 2, Hyebaek versus Ikjin on Court 1!"

Jeongyeon and Seulgi playfully shove each other.  Seulgi grins and laughs, "Your time to shine, Jeongyeon-ssi!"  Ikjin's spiker grins in return and fist-bumps Seulgi.

Jihyo walks up to Irene and bows.  Irene laughs and waves it off.  "Let's have a good game, Irene-ssi!"

"Bring on your best." Irene smiles and walks back to her team.

First set, Hyeback's serve.  Shuhua takes a few steps back and inhales slowly.  "Service ace!" Soojin hypes her up.  The pinch server smiles then delivers a fairly hard spike serve.  Momo's eyes widen as the ball comes at her.  Sana flies in last minute and gets the ball over.

"Shit!  Mianhe!" Sana curses as the ball goes over the net back at Hyebaek's side.  Ikjin prepares for a quick attack with Wendy easily getting the ball to Soojin.

"LEFT!" Mina yells again.  Jeongyeon and Tzuyu quickly shuffle over to their right and perform a soft block on Seulgi's spike.  Seulgi gives a quick look of contempt before returning to her position.

Chaeyoung perfectly receives the ball to Momo.  Momo stares at the ball and quickly observed her teammates.  Jeongyeon is already in mid-air, Tzuyu is running as a decoy spiker.  Joy is already up on Jeongyeon and Irene is waiting for Tzuyu's possible spike.  "SANA!"

"ANI-?!"

Sana hollers as she spikes the ball from the backrow- the ball hitting the backline of Hyebaek's side.  The sound of the ball satisfies Ikjin.  Hyebaek stares at the ball, bouncing until it rolls away.  The two teams wait for the whistle.

"Out!  Hyebaek's point!" Jungkook yells out, making Ikjin whine.

Irene laughs at her teammates sighing in relief.  "We were too caught up in our pride.  We cannot let that happen again." She says, radiating authority over the court which made the two teams shiver.  Irene gives a slight scolding look at Yuqi- making the libero gulp and nod.

Jungkook hands the ball over to Shuhua once again.  She aims for Momo once again and performs a spike serve.  Though, Jihyo swoops in with ease and covers for the receive, sending it high and easy.  Giving enough time for Momo to get in position to set.

Hyebaek's blockers groan as Momo seems to be purposefully indecisive to throw them off.  She jump sets to Jeongyeon, getting a quick in.  But Irene gets the ball up effortlessly.  "Soojin-yah!" She yells.

Soojin nods and gets under position to provide the set to Seulgi.  "Seulgi-ssi!" Soojin yells and sends the set to the already-flying spiker.  Tzuyu times the block correctly with Jeongyeon and Momo- performing a kill triple block.  Seulgi growls then slams the ball as hard as she could into the blockers.

"CHAE!"

Chaeyoung fly receives the ball as it reflected off of Jeongyeon's fingers, slowing down the ball but sending it off course.  The ball flies into the net with the three blockers landing at the same time.  Jeongyeon quickly reacts and kicks the ball backwards, falling down but getting the ball high up in the air.

Tzuyu backs up to spike the ball but then is slammed onto the ground by another body.  The ball bounces on the court.  Silence on the court once again.

"ACK- TZUYU-AH MIANHE MIANHE MIANHEEE!!"

The middle blocker groans and opens her eyes to see her Shiba-inu looking unnie nearly crying on her chest.  The whistle is called for Hyebaek's point but Jihyo, Nayeon, and Jungkook rush to the young blocker.  "Are you okay?  You hit the floor pretty hard." Jungkook asks.

"Uh- ne... I'm okay..." Tzuyu spoke with doubt laced in her tone.  Nayeon looks to Jungkook and shakes her head.  Tzuyu notices and shakes her head, "Ani- I'm really fine-!"

"Minari!  You're in!"

"Hai!"

Mina jogs onto the court and high-fives her teammates, patting Tzuyu's back as the tall blocker is escorted to the nurse's area back in the school building by Nayeon.  Sana nearly breaks into tears but Mina pats her head for comfort.  "Not your fault, unnie.  Just be careful next time." Sana nods at this and focuses back on the game.

Hyebaek waved Nayeon and Tzuyu out of the door, giving them "get better!" or "get back on court ASAP!"  Which made Tzuyu feel better slightly.  But the game must go on.

And Ikjin had to prove that they improved.  Or what was it all for?

+

heylo readers

genuine question: do you guys like reading the plays on the court or do you guys prefer more about what they do off the court

also uh- spoilers kind of: this book is coming to an end-

but there is a sequel!  i promise

u guys are amazing muah

- 𝒌𝒚𝒆