𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Wendy walks up to her chattering juniors, "What's all this fuss about?"

Shon Seung-Wan "Wendy" (Opposite Hitter): [Power: 2/5~Jumping: 3/5~Stamina: 3/5~Game Sense: 4/5~Technique: 4/5~Speed: 3/5]

"Ah! Wendy-unnie!" the five younger players slightly bow their heads as respect to their upperclassmen.  "Anneong, so what's the problem?" Wendy waves them off, making them straighten their posture.  Shuhua excitedly hops in her place, pointing at the quiet Y/N on her bench, "That's L/N Y/N!"

Wendy's eyes widen...

The whistle blows, ending Uneqi and Kimsang's game in the Preliminaries for junior high schools.  Uneqi lost two sets to Kimsang (12 to 25, 9 to 25).

Wendy stares in exhaustion, looking at the very short setter on the other side of the net.  The setter's team celebrating her sets and their victory.  Though, the setter's look was very indifferent.  As if, this victory meant nothing to her.

The third-year opposite hitter clenches her fist in anger, "Her expression makes it look like this was easy for her!"  Tears roll down her face as her team turns away from Kimsang to cry about their defeat.

"I'll beat you next time..." Wendy thought as she stared down the backside of the first-year setter.

The setter turns to look at the girl at the other side of the net as she feels stares down.  Wendy's eyes widen as she feels shivers down her spine, the setter holding her gaze on the girl before turning back around which displays her last name.

"Good job, Y/N-ah! Your tosses are as great as ever!" Yeji pats the younger girl's back happily. "Gomawo." Y/N simply replied in return.

"L/N Y/N... I will not lose to you."

Wendy finally left with her team, exiting the gymnasium- concluding her junior high volleyball years.

"Wendy-unnie? Are you okay?" Yuqi waves her hand over the girl's face, trying to get her attention.  Wendy snaps out of her thoughts, nodding towards her libero.  "Yeah, I'm all good," she says.  "Have you met her before, Wendy-unnie?" Yuqi asks, noticing Wendy's slight panic.

Wendy sighs then nods towards her underclassmen, "When I was a third-year, I lost to her-" she points to Y/N, "- a first-year."  The five's eyes widen, "You lost to her in junior high?"  Wendy only nods in return before walking off to the bathroom.

"I'll go check on her..." Yuqi says, following after Wendy.

"Poor Wendy-unnie, was she that traumatized by Y/N-ssi?" Yeri says, frowning.

"I mean, it must be humiliating to be retired by a first-year don't you think?" Shuhua says, understanding Wendy's frustration.  "Wait... didn't unnie say that her junior high was a powerhouse?" Joy asks.

Silence engulfs the four of them.  Soojin shivers, "You can only imagine how good Y/N-ssi was during junior high..."  The other three nod in agreement, feeling intimidated by the young and short setter.

"You four! Where's Wendy and Shuhua?" Irene jogs up to her teammates.   "A-ah, anneong, Irene-unnie..." the four bow as respect.

"They went to the bathroom." Yeri points to the bathroom in the gym.  Irene nods then looks at the familiar girl on the bench, "That's Y/N-ssi... damn Moonbyul didn't tell me she was here!"

Irene walks over to Y/N, tapping her shoulder before hugging her- to which the setter reciprocates.  The four are confused, as Irene smiles genuinely.  "That's so rare! She got Irene-unnie to smile!"

"What's the relationship between the two?" Soojin asks curiously, and in slight jealousy.

"Y/N-ah was Joohyun-unnie's junior in receiving."

+

Hey, readers!

Tell me how ya'll like this book so far, feedback is always appreciated!

xx 𝒌𝒚𝒆