𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

Hyebaek waved Nayeon and Tzuyu out of the door, giving them "get better!" or "get back on court ASAP!" Which made Tzuyu feel better slightly. But the game must go on.

And Ikjin had to prove that they improved. Or what was it all for?

-

=20:13 (8:13 PM)=

Tzuyu sighed and looked at the empty court in front of her. Everyone else went to grab dinner in the cafeteria. But she had to stay behind. She didn't feel right being off the court for so long. Watching her teammates struggle with the game against Hyebaek.

"Long day?"

She didn't need to turn to recognize the voice so she kept her eyes ahead on the court. She feels her presence sit next to her and lean against the wall. Tzuyu remains silent. "I know that look." Tzuyu then turns to Y/N with a crazed look. Y/N laughs and shakes her head. "Dahyunnie always has that look on her face whenever she's substituted out of the game. You must have been devastated, huh?"

"Destroyed. I could have done more and gone back on the court." Tzuyu groans and runs her hand through her hair roughly. Y/N notices and places her hand atop Tzuyu's hand on her head to stop the frustrated scratching.

"Yeah. But it happened," Y/N sits down as Tzuyu calms down slightly. The taller girl turns to face Y/N and slightly lets down her guard as Y/N beams whilst looking at the court. "The best part about losing games is knowing that you have so much more to work on. But some things are inevitable, like your concussion," she points at Tzuyu's head. She hears a sigh and shakes her head and smiles. "I learned so much during this camp-"

"Like learning to smile?"

"Don't act like you weren't a bummer before too."

The two giggle. "Ani. Like- it's not about you, specifically. Unless the team is to center yourself around the best player- I found out that it becomes a commanding army rather than a team," Y/N eases her shoulders, looking up at the high ceiling. "Tzuyu-ssi, don't be so sad about the loss. It just proves you have a mountain load of work to start climbing..." she turns her head and faces the blocker with a determined stare. "And I'll beat you to the top, and when we're both there I'll still beat you..."

Y/N stands and holds her hand out to Tzuyu. Tzuyu warmly smiles and gets up using Y/N's hand. She then pulls the smaller setter into a tight hug. Y/N was shocked at first then caved into her embrace.

"But it won't be fun if you don't try."

"I'll become better than you, Y/N-ssi. Just watch me."

The two share a determined smile before walking and chatting off to the cafeteria to eat dinner.

=22:49 (10:49 PM)=

"Ikjin really warming up on you, huh?"

Y/N turns around to see Moonbyul leaning against the doorway. She cocks an eyebrow and the captain rolls her eyes. "Pabo- you know what I'm talking about. You talk to them more than Wheein-shi and Sowon-ah combined. That says something." Moonbyul crosses her arms.

Thankfully the rest of the team were showering so that no one could tease Y/N. Moonbyul and Y/N were always the first ones to finish in the shower, which usually resulted in dumb unnecessary chat.

"I admire them."

"Oh?"

"They have more confidence and potential than we do as a team."

"What do you mean by that?"

Y/N faces her senior again, "They went from, 'oh my god we're going to be devoured' to 'I can't wait to beat Hyebaek, Kimsang, and Tancheok altogether.'" Moonbyul slowly nods and takes a seat next to the setter. The two were sitting in the classrooms where they sleep.

She runs her hand through her short hair and leans against the back of Y/N. "You had a change in mindset too- don't think I haven't noticed," Y/N lightly chuckles at this. "You started helping out others with forms and setting techniques, and you're usually one to be quiet and thinking all about plays but now you're so talkative. Just a minute ago you said a sentence more than two words, 'It's whatever.'" She proudly punches Y/N's shoulder playfully.

"This camp has really helped everyone I think."

"I think so too."

"Ne, Hyebaek's confidence was nearly shattered into pieces from that one backrow attack by Sana-ssi."

"... You're right. Ikjin has really upped their game lately. Three-hundred percent."

Y/N nods in agreement and sighs in relief. She hears footsteps from the rest of her teammates outside of the classroom. "What are you guys blabbering about this time?" Yuju asks the two laying girls as she puts away her towel.

The setter turns her neck and faces them. "Ikjin. And how this camp benefitted everyone." Y/N replied.

"Ikjin?! Damn, I thought they were going to be an easy win but they kicked my ass!" Yuju whined making the classroom fill with laughter.

Eunbi nods, "Ikjin does not give an easy fight now. Makes me wanna cry- sounds like a really cool underdog story."

"If they keep it up or even better throughout the Regional Qualifiers- we might go up against them." Sowon whistles.

Solar walks and spins, "Then we'll just have to put in twice the amount of effort they put in! Obviously no overworking- but in order to become the best we...?"

"Outwork the best!" Tancheok says in unison.

+

helloooo

- 𝒌𝒚𝒆