𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Moonbyul smiled at Jeongyeon, annoyed.  "WE WILL TAKE THIS SET!" She yelled.

"NE!" Tancheok yelled back.

The ball was handed to Jeongyeon again but the referee paused for an incoming substitute.  Yerin high-fived her and walked off the court.  The prodigy was back on.  Y/N breathed in then out and gave a look to Jeongyeon.

"Bring it."

Jeongyeon smirked with sweat beads rolling off her face.  "I will not hold back."

SCREEEEECH!

-

The left-spiker tosses the ball up and completes her powerful spike serve.  The ball was headed directly for Y/N's spot but then Dahyun flew-receive the ball mid-air.  Y/N patted Dahyun's back and made way to her setting position.  Unfortunately, the spike was too powerful and made its way over to Ikjin's side.  "CHANCE BALL!" Sana yelled with her arms stretched out to her sides as she received it lightly.

"Shit- MIANHAE!" Dahyun cursed.

Moonbyul waved it off, "Don't mind!  Let's stop this one!"

Jihyo jumped and set high to Tzuyu on their right.  "Tzuyu-ah!" She called out.  Moonbyul and Yuju met up for a two-person block and awaited the right time to jump.

"Hana, dul, set!" Moonbyul said, Yuju and herself jumping at the same time to stop Tzuyu's spike.

Tzuyu decided to feint which Wheein picked up in contempt.  "Mianhae!  It's low!" Wheein yelled out.  But when Wheein finished her sentence, Y/N was already in the air- in position to set.

"Yuju-ah!" She called out.  Yuju grinned and jumped at first tempo with the ball hanging in the air, waiting for her.  Yuju looks at the blockers and sees them jumping high, desperate to stop the ball.  "Redeem these lost points, Yuju." Y/N thought.

Yuju pulled her arm back even further and released it all onto the ball.  "WE ARE NOT LETTING YOU THROUGH!" Tzuyu and Jeongyeon thought at the same time.  The ball gets blown past their arms once again but then it goes back up.

The sound of the ball being received shocked the teams on the court to the core.  Tzuyu turned and looked behind her as to who received and saw Mina on the floor, her arms clearly tomato red.  Anyone could tell that receiving that spike stung by the look of Mina's face.  Jihyo quickly got under the ball, "LET'S END IT HERE!!"

Ikjin pulled back their focus and every single one of them, except Chaeyoung, began to approach at the same speed to spike.  Moonbyul and Solar found it crazy for their team to attempt such a thing.  Y/N was closely observing Jihyo but for some reason, couldn't focus.  The ball was set, Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, and Mina swung at the air.  But from behind, came Sana soaring high.  Moonbyul and Sowon failed to jump once more in attempt to block Sana's spike.  She spiked the ball and it came right at Y/N.  The setter held out her arms to receive but it bounced right off and behind her.  Dahyun desperately ran after it and tried to dig it up- but failed.

Eyes widened and everyone's breath hitched.

SCREEEEECH!  "Ikjin's point.  Game won by Ikjin High! 25 to 23!"

Hyebaek and Kimsang froze up in the middle of their timeout.  They looked at each other and then back at Tancheok and Ikjin's court in disbelief.  Tancheok was heavily breathing, their hands on their knees and looked down at their feet.  Ikjin was stunned, looking at each other.

"We did it." Mina quivered.  Her teammates on the court laughed and tackled her, sending all of them straight to the floor.  Momo joined in on the stack of her teammates and so did Nayeon.

Y/N stared at them then at Moonbyul.  She looked down at her arms and sighed heavily but felt a slap to the back of her head.  She turned around to see Yerin with a small smile.  "Aish, don't be like that, you did great, Y/N-ah." Yerin said.

The latter smiled and patted Yerin's back, "You were greater."  Then left Yerin on the court to line up at the end line.  Yerin felt a rush of emotions but kept it within herself to meet her teammates at the end line.

Solar stood in front of them with an indifferent look then smiled.  "Hope that this game teaches you all a lesson." She nodded her head.

"Ne!" They yelled in return.

Minutes later, "Hyebaek's point!  Game won by Hyebaek High!  31 to 29!"

Ikjin and Tancheok looked over and saw the two teams breathing heavily, Y/N and Dahyun snickered to find Ryujin on the floor.  Y/N jogged over to their court and met up with Hyebaek's players.  "That must have been exhausting." She commented, seeing Hyebaek struggle to compose themselves.

Irene looked at her and smiled, "You lost."  Y/N chuckled and nodded.

"For the first time, in a long time... it felt good to lose," Wendy looked at Y/N then looked away.  Seulgi grinned and patted Y/N's back.  Irene cocked her eyebrow but Y/N shook her head, "It just made me realize how much I love to win."

Soojin watched Y/N in awe as she walked away to meet up with Kimsang's players.  "She's so cool..." She spoke.  Yuqi excitedly nodded.  Irene chuckled at her teammates.

Yeji and Minnie spotted Y/N walking towards them.  Minnie pouted as Tancheok's setter stood right in front of her.  "Even with the best setter, you still couldn't win?" Y/N looked to Yeji. 

Yeji shrugged.  "I could say the same for you," Y/N shook her head to this.  The captain rolled her eyes and smacked Y/N's shoulder.  "Yah, pabo, you're one of the best that has been trained by the best.  Of course you're a powerhouse on your own." Yeji stated.

"It's different, Yeji-unnie," she said then looked at Minnie.  Minnie had a large grin, Y/N smiled in return.  "What happened out there, unnie?"

Minnie shrugged and giggled.  "I'm not too sure myself.  Hyebaek has always been persistent," she eyed Yeji then back at Y/N.  "No matter what we throw at them, they receive it.  That's all." Minnie said.

"YAH THEY BEAT OUR ASSES FOR THE SECOND TIME IN A ROW~!" Yuna whined.  Kimsang laughed at their middle blocker.

"Just come back stronger, I want to beat you again." Y/N smirked.  Ryujin and Soyeon smirked in return.

"We will." They say at the same time.