𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

=10:44=

"Seulgi-ssi!  You're receiving Y/N-yah's serves, arrasso?"

"Arrasso!"

"Mina-ssi! Wheein's serves!  Then switch after a couple minutes!"

"Ne!"

The four walk to their positions and begin the serve-receiving drills.

Seulgi side-smiles annoyingly at her rival, "Oi! Y/N-ah!  You better not go easy on me!"  Y/N chuckles and shakes her head, "Ani, I'd never embarrass you like that."  Seulgi feels her vein pop out on her forehead, she grins competitively and gives the hand motion of "bring it."

Y/N tosses the ball high, starting her approach to jump- Seulgi tightens her form hoping for a more stronger receive.  The 5'2 girl jumps at 70% of her vertical jump, pulling her left arm back then releasing all the power held from her shoulders to the ball.  The ball passes by Seulgi's forearm by merely an inch- bouncing high repeatedly afterwards.

Taehyung's eyes slightly widen, his open mouth turns into a toothy smile.  Wheein smirks through the fear of touching that ball.  Mina's stares at Y/N in awe.

"You little bastard!" Seulgi shouts.  Y/N lowly laughs, amused.  "I simply gave you what you asked for, Seulgi-ssi,"  "YOU WANTED TO MOCK MEEE!" Seulgi whine-yells.  Hyebaek players in the gymnasium laugh as Seulgi feels defeated, nobody can really talk like that to their ace except Y/N herself.  The setter shakes her head, "Ani ani, that was around 70% of my jump."

"70%-?!  YOU WERE TRYING TO MOCK ME!"

"Ani-!  You misunderstood-"

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!  JUST GIVE ME THE NEXT SERVE!"

"I- arrasso."

Wheein and Mina continue their drill silently.  Though the opposite hitter feels somewhat uncomfortable so she brings up a topic to have a conversation with.

Wheein does overhand serves, she looks to Mina and slightly yells loud enough for her to hear, "Mina-ssi!  What do you think of Y/N-shi!?"  Mina's eyes widen in surprise, Wheein mentally facepalms, "That was not what I meant to say."  The pinch server shyly glances at Y/N as the setter continues to tease her senior.

Mina shakes her head and focuses on receiving Wheein's serves.  Wheein snickers with an evil smirk, "I know who you're thinking of, Mina-ssi..."

A couples minutes pass and the pairs switch; Mina receives Y/N's serves and Wheein receives Seulgi's serves.  Mina shakes in her defensive position- after seeing how the girl serves she finds it hard to move at all.  Y/N notices the tensed Mina on the other side of the net.  Mina finds Y/N's eyes through the net, the two holding eye contact for a couple seconds before the pinch server pulls away in embarrassment.

"Just relax, Mina-ssi," Y/N yells to the other side.  Mina freezes then lets out a long breath, she lessens her tenseness.  Y/N nods before tossing it into the air.  "Here I go-!" Y/N sends the balls straight to Mina's arms.

The pinch server closes her eyes, letting her body do the work.  She feels the weight of the ball, her eyes opening in shock- she never anticipated how heavy it would be.  The next second, the ball shoots high into the gymnasium's ceiling.  Soon bouncing out of the court.  Mina's adrenaline lessens the pain on her arms as she huffs, looking directly at the emotionless Y/N.  Y/N bows her head apologetically before standing back up straight.  Mina's adrenaline wears off, her arms feeling pain.  She rubs her arms and groans quietly.  Y/N takes notice again, deciding to do overhand serves instead- feeling bad that she hurt the latter.

As Y/N sends a couple overhand serves, Mina realizes why the younger girl switched to that kind of serve- her heart jumps at the thought of Y/N caring about her.  Mina's arms seem to be swollen red.  So red that Y/N grabbed bandages from her little bag leaning against the wall.  She jogs from her side of the court to Mina with the roll of bandages.

Y/N looks to Taehyung, nodding at him that she'll take care of it- he approves and watches over Seulgi and Wheein's serves.  She gestures the older girl to an open bench for her to sit on, Mina listens and willingly sits down.  The latter unrolls some of the bandages, silently gesturing Mina's arms to be put outwards.  As Mina extends her arms, Y/N wraps the bandages.

The setter wraps it around as gently as she can, focusing on Mina's red arms.  She slightly jumps when Y/N comes in contact with her skin.  "Ah, mianhaeyo." Y/N simply said, pulling back to check on Mina.  Mina blushes, frantically shaking her head whilst giggling nervously.  "Ani, ani, it's alright." Mina reassures the setter- letting her tend to her arms once more.  Y/N slowly nods before proceeding even more carefully than before.

"You bandage well," Mina starts a conversation with the girl.  "Dahyun-unnie always seemed to get bruises everywhere, so did Wheein-unnie.  I figured it would be helpful to learn the basics of first aid," Y/N replies.  Mina nods slowly with a small smile.  "Do you tape your fingers when you set? Momo-unnie always does tapes hers..." Mina asks, enjoying the little interaction.  The girl shakes her head, stopping the bandaging to show the pinch server her fingers.

It seemed that the girl takes well care of them, the whites of her fingernails are equal length to the rest of her fingernails.  Mina failed to take notice earlier on- but Y/N has big hands.  Bigger than hers, similar to Nayeon's but an inch smaller.  Mina's mouth hangs slightly open at how carefully taken they are.  Her eyes noticing small scars- cuts- on her fingers.

Mina pulls back, Y/N continues to bandage the girl's arms.  "Taping my fingers would feel like I'm being handcuffed.  It doesn't give my fingers enough freedom.  I don't like setting with stiff fingers, it feels like I have no control over it." Y/N simply says, finishing up Mina's bandages.  Mina slowly nods, "Wow, she hates it that much? Momo-unnie always uses it because she says the opposite of Y/N-ssi- though I wouldn't be surprised if she said she was doing it to look cool."

Y/N finishes the bandages, placing it to the side of Mina.  She looks back up at Mina, "I hope you don't mind me doing this... but it's to check if the bandages are good or not."  Mina slowly nods, a slight blush rising onto her face.  Y/N then lightly presses against Mina's arms repeatedly, looking at her face to see any reaction.  "It doesn't hurt, kamsahamnida!" Mina seems amazed at how her pain doesn't seem to appear anymore with the bandages.  The latter bows her head before taking the bandages back to her bag, leaving Mina on the bench.

Taehyung watched the whole interaction between the two from afar, even hearing some of their conversation.   "After all this time, I thought Y/N-ah was just a merciless, emotionless, cold-hearted player who doesn't care of other players- including her teammates. But-" he lightly smiles as he puts a finger to his chin, "- she's just one big care-bear, isn't she?" 

+

Biden won. 

:)