𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Their (Jeongyeon and Momo) eyes widen in slight fear, "It's going to be hard to spike in the middle from the start!  They're going to put their toughest middle blocker on Jeongyeon/me!"  Y/N notices their concern and shakes her head, "Please trust me this game."  The two look at each other before sighing and nodding their heads. 

-

[On Hobi vs. Namjoon Court]

Hobi's Starter Players:

Left Wing Spiker - Jeongyeon

Opposite Hitter(s) - Ryujin, Miyeon, Y/N

Setter - Momo

Middle Blocker - Sowon

Libero - Chaeyoung

Namjoon's Starter Players:

Left Wing Spiker - Yuju

Opposite Hitter(s) - Wendy, Sana

Setter - Yerin

Middle Blocker(s) - Tzuyu, Joy

Libero - Yuqi

"Captains!" one of the staff's referee calls for the captains of the two teams to meet halfway next to the net.

Y/N starts walking to the middle, and so does Wendy.  Wendy feels anxious, aggravated, yet excited all at once.  Y/N, on the other hand, feels indifferent- she does not remember the game between her junior high against Wendy's team.

The two finally meet, their hands shake.  This simple interaction made the Hyebaek players- whom were watching- shiver.

"I will not lose." Y/N says with a firm look.  Wendy's eyes widen at the sudden shivers she got just from making eye contact with the girl.  Her uneasy smile appears on her face and nods, gesturing that she was going to say the same thing.

The referee holds a coin in front of him, "Heads will be N's Team, tails will be H's team."  He flips the coin and it lands on tails.  The referee looks to Y/N.  She holds her hand up and shakes her head, "You get the serve."  Then they walk back to their teams with an approving nod from the ref.

Getting to their positions (the net being in the middle);

Hobi:

Y/N Ryujin Sowon

Miyeon Jeongyeon Momo

Namjoon:

Joy Yuju Wendy

Tzuyu Sana Yerin

The ball is passed to Yerin behind the end line.  She bounces the ball a couple times and holds it close to her forehead.  The whistle blows for the serve- she tosses it then performs a normal overhand serve.  Thus, beginning the game.

"GOT IT!" Ryujin easily receives the ball to Momo.   Miyeon jumps as a decoy but fails to fool Joy.  Joy focuses primarily on Momo's too-far set to Jeongyeon.  "JEONGYEON-UNNIE!" Jeongyeon fails to hit it over but Sowon fly-receives it over the net last-second as her cover.

"CHANCE BALL!" Sana bumps the ball to Yerin whom is standing by the net.  Jeongyeon and Miyeon jump in sync to eliminate Yuju's fast line spike, opening the pathway for Ryujin to receive.  Yerin quickly sets to a broad jumping Yuju.  She hits with her right arm on the left side and performs a cross shot directly to Ryujin- smirking to challenge the opposite hitter.  Ryujin smirks and receives the ball perfectly in the air, "GET THAT!"

Momo is slightly tugged to the side by Y/N.  The shorter setter gives a quick slight-apologetic look before jump setting to Jeongyeon.  Jeongyeon's approach was unintentionally late, allowing the blockers to fail their effective timing.  Though- what surprises Jeongyeon the most is that even when she approached the ball late- the ball is still hanging there waiting for her.  Jeongyeon felt a rush of adrenaline and smiles for the first time at a set.

Joy gives a look of contempt as she tries to jump again to block Jeongyeon's spike.  She fails to do so as Jeongyeon slams the ball down on the line with such strength that it bounces high in the air.

Namjoon watched with his eyes wide, his team also surprised.  All of Ikjin's players on the court watch in awe as Jeongyeon looks down at her reddish palm, her eyes look different than what they are used to.

She turns to look at the calm Y/N by her side.  Her eyes glimmering under the bright lights as Y/N keeps her straight face.

"Y/N-ssi... kamsahamnida-!"

"That was a good kill, Jeongyeon-shi..." Y/N turns her back and walks to her position, she glances over her shoulder back at her, "... do it again."  Momo became speechless as Jeongyeon turns away to wipe away her sweat with a rare smile.  The rest of the team also became speechless since Y/N complimented her- they're all aware that is what Y/N barely does.

Hobi's team rotates clockwise by one position, making Miyeon serve.  She takes a couple steps back from the end line and performs a jump serve three seconds after the whistle is blown.  Yerin fly receives the ball near the end of the court and apologizes.  "Mianhae!  Cover!" she yells, looking at the ball in the air.  Miyeon returns to her position and receives a pat on the back from Y/N for aiming at the setter.

"GOT IT!  WENDY-SSI HIT IT OVER!" Sana yells, bumping the ball towards their right side.  Sowon and Jeongyeon tighten up on the straight shot, allowing for Ryujin and Miyeon to possibly receive in their far-right backrow.  Jeongyeon allows Sowon to time the double block, they jump as the ball reaches its full height- giving a high block.  Yuju worriedly glances at her teammate as Wendy seems to be a bit hesitating.

Wendy decides to feint seconds before touching the ball, allowing for Momo to react quick enough to fly receive behind Sowon.  Namjoon's side groans as the ball gets picked up.  "COVERR!" Momo yells on the floor.  Y/N sprints to the ball from the back and jump high to set from the back middle of the court, her front facing the right (Miyeon) and her back facing the left (Sowon).  Joy and Yuju each block Sowon and Miyeon individually.  But what they didn't expect was Y/N switching to a spike last second- hitting it with half of her strength on her left hand.

Even though it was only half of her strength- her control of the ball plus the strength made the ball bounce right off of Tzuyu's bicep.  Sowon and Miyeon smirk then smile as the referee counts it as a point, the score becomes; 2 - 0 (H - N).  They fist bump Y/N and give her a thumbs up for the final hit. Y/N pats Momo's shoulder, "Nice receive."  Momo is startled but nods in a "thanks." 

+

School has been biting my ass, sorry to you all